X

Shinko 009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinko 009

I want a tires that last more than 10 000 miles , and that is a reasonable price , so i find this ones , what do you guys think ? any one uses 009?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Shinko-0...ab3680&vxp=mtr

Let me know when you find something.

ME880 Marathon will probably run that long on a kat, but it won't be much fun.

Car tire will last that long, but I wouldn't mount one.

You want the longest lasting tire that is rideable on a Kat, you want the Pilot Road 2.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

why?

The Michelin pilot Activ or shinko Raven are both VERY hard compound tires.
      The grip sucks and both are crap in the rain but will outlast 98% of the sport touring tires. I ran the pilot activ for a complete season, the only thing I liked about the tire was the ablity to drift out of every turn. there is so little grip u can throttle up and still spin the tire in 4th gear on a wet surface.

I would not run such a hard compound unless you strickly run super slabs everyday
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I've just returned from an almost 2500 km trip (ride report and photos to come) on new Shinko Ravens that covered a little slab, plenty of twisties, poor surface, even gravel and mud, and sadly plenty of wet sections of potential fun. I have to say, I am impressed. They held on brilliantly at relatively sane speeds in fast dry sweepers (>150 kph), allowed me to have some serious fun in the dry twisties, and were perfectly OK ridden sensibly in the wet (ie - not @ 150 kph - I ride to conditions and wouldn't expect any tyre to hang on as well in the wet as the dry). First impressions are excellent - much better than the original Dunlops and at least as good as some Bridgestones I've tried. Also very stable and handled the extra load of panniers and top box in 120/70 - 170/60 sizes. I can't yet compare them with Michelins, but they are certainly good bang for the buck.

Comment

for what its worth, I love my shinko 011 verges so far. its been 500 miles only but they are a sport touring tire and get really good grip.
          1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
          fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
          55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
          R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
          Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Almost entirely highway miles but I got 17000 miles out of a Pirelli diablo. (Front tire) switched to PR2s after that, 9000 miles and still decent amount of tread left.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              Almost entirely highway miles but I got 17000 miles out of a Pirelli diablo. (Front tire) switched to PR2s after that, 9000 miles and still decent amount of tread left.
              that a extreme good mileage , I wish i would know about the Diablos , too late i already got 2 shinkos for $170 shipping included

Comment

The diablo was ~150 for just thei front. 170 for a set is pretty good
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I just comeback from the shop with the new shinkos and the bike feels weird , every time I lean or move the bike to left or right side , I feel like i am going to fell , just like riding on ice. Is this normal ?
                  On the straight line I have no problem with the tires

Comment

Which shinko's did u get and size? Wat year is the bike and rim sizes?

Can't imagine why it would feel like that unless u got the wrong size for the wrong rim width. U gotta get used to new tires, they will change ur riding style and basically need to
                    Relearn how the bike reacts. That's normal as all tire brands have different profiles.

Has the suspension been changed at all? Bc that could cause that same feeling.

Comment

Shinko 009 120/70-17 & 160/60-17, 2005 600cc probably because they are brand new ?

bike is all stock only 10000 miles

Comment

My new Shinkos also felt very weird for the first 100 kms or so - more so than other new tyres for some reason. After that, they feel they great. Partly it's to do with getting used to new tyres rather than (probably) worn and squared off old tyres. The Shinkos also seem to have a very smooth and slippery finish that should be scrubbed off carefully. The fact you went to a 160 rear has lowered the rear of the bike slightly and that will also impact on handling and feel.

Comment

Agreed. New tires have a coating on them. I didn't scrubb mine off but I didn't beat the bike to hard for about 100 miles or so on any twisties. Again also bc they will have a differe t profile than other brands as they are a diff design and come from there own molds.

Also wats stated about tre height. Lowering the rear should make the bike handle differently and lowering it in my experience seems to make it lean or tip on slower.

10,000 miles maybe u should consider replacing the front fork oil.

Comment

Interesting treads.. Thanks for all your feedbacks cuz you all answered my question, cuz I was about to order rear tires 160/60 R17 but currently rear tires are 150/70 R17. The cycle gear sales man said recommend get 160/60. SO I did the homework.. Thanks..
                            Knee Touchdown!
                            00' Katana!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SirPaulGerman View Post
                              that a extreme good mileage , I wish i would know about the Diablos , too late i already got 2 shinkos for $170 shipping included
                              I got Shinkos Raven front and rear both for 142.99 at my local motorcycle store, They gave me deep discount!! I was floored! 120/70 R17 and 160/60 R17 on my katana! No lie!! I can photocopy the invoice and send to you if u wanna! LOL... :bunny2
                              Knee Touchdown!
                              00' Katana!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X