X

Volar bike chains are not safe!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volar bike chains are not safe!!!!

So I'm sitting here on the 17 Highway....stranded. The cause??? My new bike chain snapped on me. If you run across a brand that goes by the name VOLAR, DON'T TRUST OR TRY IT!!!!! It snapped at around 65 mph. This is the second chain I have had from them....the first one wore out, and the replacement just snapped on me about a half hr ago. Still waiting for a tow truck.

Wow that sucks. I hope it works out well.

Then again, if you are the same gentlemen that attempted to repair/or reuse the Volar Chain that the master link failed on them and I told them to replace, then no sympathy here as you choose to learn the hard way.

All in all get to your destination safely and I hope it works out for you.
    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh no sir..... I never take out links.... I replace the whole thing sprockets and all. It was a 116 link 530 chain, same as I had before....pondered the idea of removing links but decided against it.

Comment

Ok cool. Then damn I feel for ya, regardless it's never cool being stuck on the side of the road. I hope you're on your way to your destination safely.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, got home safely, bike is being stored in my gf 's mom's garage until the new chain shows up. D2moto got a phone call from me about that certain brand of chain. They're sending me a replacement, and the new one is coming with a warranty, so if it breaks again, I'll get another one. I just hope when I pull off the sprocket housing, the sprockets are still good. They were on my bike for less than 24 hrs, without any aggressive riding being done. The guy that towed me was the same guy who towed me when I had my accident a few months back. Showed up with a smile on his face and shaking his head. He should be happy he has a repeat customer. LOL

Comment

I'm glad you got home safe. However, I don't recommend that you put that chain on again. I never heard of Volar until recently but everything I heard about them was horrible. I would request a refund instead of a replacement even if you can't get a refund, eat the loss and get a way better chain.

Isn't your time worth worth more than $ saved? Trust me, from what I'm hearing, this chain is going to fail again, then you'll be stuck on the side of the road again, if you're lucky, get it towed again, and order or get replaced another chain.

Save time (and money) and spend some money on something more reliable.
            sigpic

Comment

I have to agree.. get a better chain.. don't mess with the same junk... The next time it happens it could be disastrous...
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

put the new on on fleabay and get yourself an RK or EK and buy some confidence along with your chain. I also bought a 'cheap' chain once and it was stretched within 200 miles. Bought an X-ring RK and haven't worried about it since aside from standard maintenance...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Yep - don't fit the Volar chain. That's not a one-off failure - those things are junk. Repairs to the bike and you resulting from a chain failure will cost you a lot more than the price of a decent chain.

Comment

Working...
                  X