No announcement yet.
X

My First "Long" Trip

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll probably have to go to a locksmith, even my Suzuki dealer didn't stock the key blank, and neither did any of my local hardware stores. My dealer just told me to go see a locksmith and I'll get around to that some day.
    1997 GSX-F 750

Comment

Originally posted by 1100Kat View Post
      Can I just got to a locksmith and have a new key made from the existing
      Yup, that should get it done.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
        Just the stuff you should be checking before you get on the bike anytime. 100 miles is really nothing for the bike, although it may be for you.
        That's true, just drive safe and if you maintain your bike regularly you should be fine. Your kind of heading up into my neck of the woods.

Well I'm in orange Co. you going to Westchester Co. but kind of anyway.
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
        Black painted seat and rear trim,
        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Lubed up the chain yesterday, brought the tires up the right pressure and bought some of that green slime to patch tires with just incase. Took the Kat on a short ride last night (10 miles) just to make sure everything was in good condition and that the battery was working well. Everything's looking good and i'm counting down the days till this weekend. Bob maybe one weekend while it's still warm we can meet up and go for a ride. Lemme know.
          -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
          -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
          -2008 Audi S5
          -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

Looks like its gonna pour on Friday. Damn you Hurrican Earl. Any quick tips for rain riding haha?
            -2008 Audi S5

Comment

Originally posted by 1100Kat View Post
              Looks like its gonna pour on Friday. Damn you Hurrican Earl. Any quick tips for rain riding haha?
              Bring a rainsuit, or at the very least, a cheap plastic poncho from Wal-Mart should at least survive a few hours. Bring plastic baggies for phone/wallet.

The most dangerous time is when it first rains on a dry road and the oil on the road mixes with the water but hasn't washed off yet. Center of the lane is particularly oily.

Manhole covers and other such metal surfaces are also pretty slick.

As with normal riding, just try to relax and let the bike do its thing.
              Last edited by paul.miner; 09-02-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Put anything you don't want wet (cellphone, wallet, insurance card, etc.) in a ziplock bag or waterproof case. It's amazing where the water gets!
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

So the trip went great! The rain held out, and the temperature dropped enough as to not make the leather jacket I was wearing too uncomofortable. It was really nice to get some seat time and work on a lot of my riding skills, I definitely feel more comfortable all around in the saddle. It was also great to get a mix of highway and backroad driving. There was a little traffic on the way up to Westchester (ugh) but nothing impossible.

Also got to wash the bike and give it some much needed tlc.

Anyway, great trip overall. On the ride back at about 7pm, I ran into a group of four bikes on the Taconic Parkway going south, one of them was a blue Post 98 Kat.

If this is a KR member let me know!
                  -2008 Audi S5

Comment

Working...
                  X