X

Metzeler Z6!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metzeler Z6!

Well I finally got the rear Z6 on! The front I bought at a local shop two weeks ago, but they wanted $165. for the rear! So I bought one from RonAyers for $115.+12 shipped(very slow). Been a long time since I mounted my own tire, but after a 20 minute fight, I got that sucker on!! I also got it to balance real nice(tested at 120 mph) and it's smooth at all speeds.

Well if you've read what CP has wrote about these tires? Than x2 on that!

Super sweet ride and smooth as a baby's butt. My hats off to Metzeler!

Last edited by GSXfs600; 10-12-2008, 01:15 PM.

they make a great tire, happy riding
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Been thinking about these tires. Since I can't afford to dishes out $200 every 8,000 miles being how often I ride.
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Went hot dogging around S.F. (in part to watch the Blue Angels) today to test out the Z6's in traffic, on RR tracks, on bricks and lots of fast turns on crappy streets. This seals it! these things grab like mad and never gave the slightest hint of slippage!

I still need to learn more about suspension because something is not right and I cant nail it down!
        Last edited by GSXfs600; 10-12-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I have put about 2000 miles on my Z6's and still love them.
          You got nothin to lose Don't be afraid to get down

Comment

The Z 6's hold pretty good in the wet and dry. Good tire.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Just ordered a set to replace my Diablo Strada's (15K). Since they are just about identical, hoping they give the same amount of mileage as the Pirelli's. Ron Ayers seems to have the best prices on them.
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Put new Z 6's on beginning of summer. Went on a 250 mi. excursion into West Virgina today and was wondering if the rear was going to make it back lol. starting to wear in middle.

Comment

It's what I have on mine......and I love them. They grip wet or dry and wear slowly. Great tires.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Yep, fantastic tyres in all conditions. Can't fault them.

Comment

Greetings from Romania katriders!
                      After reading this forum through and through i decided the best replacement for my Pilot road 2(front) and Pirelli dragon evo(back...don't ask, i got this as a replacement for free after a flat tire on the highway) would be the Z6's.And man what tires!!!!!!i just came from the workshop where i got them installed and i don't even recognize my bike anymore!!!!Super smooth ride, it's like i'm riding on a puffy cloud and the bike sticks through the curves, it's much more easier to lean it.I can't wait to break them in and then really ride it like i stole it !!!
                      Thank you katriders!The best forum right here !
                      And as we say here....Dry asphalt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
                        Went hot dogging around S.F. (in part to watch the Blue Angels) today to test out the Z6's in traffic, on RR tracks, on bricks and lots of fast turns on crappy streets. This seals it! these things grab like mad and never gave the slightest hint of slippage!
                        Just be careful on the cobblestones -- hint of oil or wet and any tire (including the Z6's) will gladly give up traction.

PS - thanks for the compliment

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
                        I still need to learn more about suspension because something is not right and I cant nail it down!
                        Can you describe the problem?
                        The one thing about much better tires is that they tend to make bad suspension configurations (or components needing maint) far more apparent, because the tires are no longer the weakest link...

Originally posted by scaryfast777 View Post
                        Put new Z 6's on beginning of summer. Went on a 250 mi. excursion into West Virgina today and was wondering if the rear was going to make it back lol. starting to wear in middle.
                        How many miles do you have on them? Remember also, they need to be run 36/36 psi all around as *minimum* (for most riders 37/39 will be about right).

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Really nice.. Based on this (and other posts here on katriders) i'll go get my self a set of brand new Z6, so i'm good of the next season..
                          I'm thinking:
                          Rear 150/70-17
                          Front 120/70-17
                          For a '97 Kat

The tires that are on now, are very worn, and i'm really looking forward to trying the new ones
                          Last edited by KimArndt; 10-21-2008, 01:56 PM. Reason: Opps, thats XX/70 instead of XX/80 ;)

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                            Just be careful on the cobblestones -- hint of oil or wet and any tire (including the Z6's) will gladly give up traction.

PS - thanks for the compliment

Can you describe the problem?
                            The one thing about much better tires is that they tend to make bad suspension configurations (or components needing maint) far more apparent, because the tires are no longer the weakest link...

How many miles do you have on them? Remember also, they need to be run 36/36 psi all around as *minimum* (for most riders 37/39 will be about right).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

Not sure I never marked the miles down when I put them on duh! Not a lot though run rear at 38 psi. Run it into the cords a couple of days ago been without a bike for about a week going nuts! Ordered a new Z6 today guess I'll have to ride all winter now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scaryfast777 View Post
                              Not sure I never marked the miles down when I put them on duh! Not a lot though run rear at 38 psi. Run it into the cords a couple of days ago been without a bike for about a week going nuts! Ordered a new Z6 today guess I'll have to ride all winter now lol.

Might want to look up Malloc's "Z6 Tires - Idiot Tested, Moron Approved" thread, where he rides his Z6 tires another 1,500 miles after the actual metal bands show through on the rear (and it's not the only time either -- he's doing it again right now, having already clocked some 14,850 miles on the current set so far).

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X