No announcement yet.
X

This cop should be donkey punched.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO. The biker was evading arrest and the roadblock... he made his own choice to blow through. He suffered the consequences.
    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

You know I saw a cop pull a uturn to catch a speeding motoercycle kind of looked like he wanted to clip him but instead cause a 3 car accident. I think a cop has no right to injure someone for a traffic iolation. isnt that what they make radios for. call ahead and get a road block thats alot safer for all.

Comment

We had a case here this weekend of a motorcyclist that was clocked at 270kph (170mph) on the highway. The police called off the pursuit citing danger to the cyclist and the public at large. They arrested the man later in his home on without incident and without endangering anyone's life.

My point is here is that there isn't a need to attempt to deliberately seriously injure/kill anyone. Time and time again it has been demonstrated that once pursuit is called off, just above all fleeing suspects will slow down to blend into local traffic. They can (and usually are) be apprehended later.

This incident clearly show why the police cannot be trusted to always act in the interest of the public they serve. The officer demonstrated a significant disregard for the law by deliberately misreporting the incident and for the well being of the suspect. These are felonies in and in my mind the officer was criminal in his behaviour.

I do not agree, however, that the officer show be donkey punched. He is to be arrested for reckless endangerment, falsifying reports and making false statements to authorities. As he is an LEO, it would be in the public good that be make an example of and serve prison time. Obviously, he would no longer be a LEO.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
          We had a case here this weekend of a motorcyclist that was clocked at 270kph (170mph) on the highway. The police called off the pursuit citing danger to the cyclist and the public. They arrested the man later in his home on without incident and without endangering anyone's life.

My point is here is that there isn't a need to attempt to deliberately seriously injure/kill anyone. Time and time again it has been demonstrated that once pursuit is called off, the fleeing suspect will attempt slow down to blend into local traffic. They can be apprehended later.

This incident clearly show why the police cannot be trusted to always act in the interest of the public they serve. The officer demonstrated a significant disregard for the law by deliberately misreporting the incident and for the well being of the suspect. These are felonies in and in my mind the officer was criminal in his behaviour.
          +1

No one deserves to die, and no one's actions 'forfeites' their own life unless they purposefuly end another's...that's just ridiculous & cold hearted. And people who think like that shouldn't be cops.

------------

That's like if a murderer came into the ER with a gunshot wound from a cop, they still treat him anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
            Originally posted by philwecksr
            ok. Now, although it sux to see a cop acting like this, I'm of the opinion that if you are running from the cops, you are forfeiting any rights you might have had. I know there will be a lawsuit about this, but in my personal opinion, I hope the cop wins.
            Incorrect. Even suspect evading police custody have the right to a protection of life. It's part of the reason why after a shooting a LEO is automatically put on administrative leave pending an investigation. The actions of the officer violated that right. What idiot doesn't know that a motorcycle hitting another vehicle can cause massive bodily injury to the rider? Whether or not he was evading, there are better methods. Which will run out of gas first? Even at 40 mpg, the car will get better than 200 miles to a tank. There are always better options than violently ending a pursuit.
            And a police officer has the right to stop a fleeing felon with whatever force is necessary IF the felon is endangering the lives of others. The way this guy was driving his motorcycle endangered the lives of MANY.

This guy was rocketing through traffic endangering the lives of each and every person on and or beside the road. If he had struck and killed a pedestrian, you would be bitching the police didn't do enough to stop him. As it is, the police ended the pursuit and saved innocent lives.

Comment

Originally posted by cpformula
              And a police officer has the right to stop a fleeing felon with whatever force is necessary IF the felon is endangering the lives of others. The way this guy was driving his motorcycle endangered the lives of MANY.

This guy was rocketing through traffic endangering the lives of each and every person on and or beside the road. If he had struck and killed a pedestrian, you would be bitching the police didn't do enough to stop him. As it is, the police ended the pursuit and saved innocent lives.

+1
              The primary purpose of the police is to protect the general populus, not the rights of those violating the law. That is at best a secondary objective. Was this guy endangering the public? You bet. Was the cop stopped? pretty much. How many of us have been pulled over for a 'rolling stop' before? From the video we cant tell if he was fully in the road. We also cant tell if his view was obstructed to the right by a bush or wall or something.

There is too much unknown about this whole situation to pass judgement completely. But from the information that we have, I would say that the police officer did what appeared best at the time to end a dangerous situation.

Comment

First and Foremost....

The deputy should have called off the pursuit long before it got to that point. At least in my county we will not pursue for traffic violations. That is how families get hurt. Now- if you are going to risk it, then take the consequences like a man. Don't have your mama crying and whining that you were violated for being a dumbass. I do not agree with the deputies decision to chase, and I do not agree with the morons decision to flee. To me as a LEO it looked as though the cop was going to pull out and continue the chase as the bike went by. The bike hit him....
                "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

Yes the kop should be kicked in the balls, BUT so should that rider!!! Running from the cops, is tarded. If he would have been legit (license) he probably never would have ran and this never wouldve happened.
                  Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I said yes

It was a little to much. If he was armed and dangerous I would have said no he deserved it. The actions of the police officer were to strong he lied to everyone there, it shows very bad integrity. I think he needs to be suspended maybe the family needs to put that cop up for attempted murder. You know how it goes though if your breaking the law they will do what it takes to stop you why run. The guy on the bike is an idiot too. If you ride like an idiot you’re going die like an idiot.

Everyone is wrong in this case.

Comment

I think the cop hit him on purpose, but when you run from the law you take your chances and this time he lost.
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by JaxKat
                        NO. The biker was evading arrest and the roadblock... he made his own choice to blow through. He suffered the consequences.
                        I AGREE completely. I would rather have the chase ended this way than it end killing innocent people. The only one hurt here is the IDIOT that should of stopped instead of fleeing.

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                          I think the cop hit him on purpose, but when you run from the law you take your chances and this time he lost.
                          +1 What the Katman said.
                          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

well, the mf ran so that's his fault. but the copper shouldve used another option
                            Hello World.

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                              well, the mf ran so that's his fault. but the copper shouldve used another option
                              His side arm? A 9mm Glock will stop ya fast too...

Comment

What geniuses like StevieB and you others are forgetting is that number one; this idiot was running and two, what about all the other motorists this dip$shit was endangering? How would your bleeding heart feel if he hit and killed someone you cared about while he was running? Oh, I know, you would say, wah the cop should have called off the pursuit.
                                There are 2 victims here, the bike and the police car!! That is it!! Hood ran runs, hood rat crashes, end of story!
                                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                                X