X

This cop should be donkey punched.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This cop should be donkey punched.

Cop pulls in front of fleeing motorcyclist. Says he was stopped and the guy ran into him. film at 11.

yes
    0%
    no
    0%
    whats a "donkey punch"?
    0%

Your poll is broken. And yes, he should be punched.

Comment

I especially like the part where he was telling stopped motorists that he was stopped and had his hand out to tell the suspect to stop. Um....that's now what the tape showed. I think the proper term to use here is "LAWSUIT". That was reckless on the deputies part. If he had killed the guy on the bike, would anything have happened to him? Based on what the sheriff was saying, no.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

poll works

Comment

No...altho I don't agree with his actions...but this idiot fleeing from the popo gives all of us motorcyclists a bad name...IMO (same goes for that idiot from the pittsburgh steelers, not roethlisberger.)

Comment

I thought it WAS RothlessBurgers

Comment

yes the cops a liar,but the major lesson here should be "dont run from the Popo". i smell a lawsuit.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I think they should have used spike stripes. Might have made for a more exciting crash. I don't feel bad for the guy at all. This was the end of a long pursuit. He made his choice when he decided to run...period.

Comment

That happened a few miles from my house.

Actually driving home down 301 last night I was amazed at how many idots there were out there flying through traffic at triple digit speeds.

I am not sure how I feel about this. It does not look like the cop pulled very quickly. Maybe if the rider was not flying down the road evading police he could have stopped. This could have been any car at any one of the turn arounds on that road.

Comment

Say what you will, but this is proof that we need trial lawyers.

Several LEO agencies have "no high-speed chase" policies. I'm thinking this rogue cop though he found a way to circumvent it. Hope they throw the book at him.
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Is this the same Moose Dobson from the Sniper case?
                      I'm thinking this guy went through the ringer once.
                      He's not about to stick his neck out for a bad cop..

I think there are lots of cases where to stop a suspect the cops employ dangerous tactics.. But would I
                      try to run from the cops over a suspended license or
                      outstanding warrent? Hell no.. Why risk real jail
                      for evading or vehicular manslaughter (or dieing!).

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                        Is this the same Moose Dobson from the Sniper case?
                        I'm thinking this guy went through the ringer once.
                        He's not about to stick his neck out for a bad cop..

I think there are lots of cases where to stop a suspect the cops employ dangerous tactics.. But would I
                        try to run from the cops over a suspended license or
                        outstanding warrent? Hell no.. Why risk real jail
                        for evading or vehicular manslaughter (or dieing!).
                        No it is not the same "Chief Moose". The sniper "Chief Moose"was in Maryland. He is resigned after writing a book. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/06/18/moo...gns/index.html

Running from the cops at excessive speeds is dangerous, especially when you look at the bridge that he was running on. He also probably blew through the toll plaza. The rider put himself in more danger than any of the cops.

Comment

I bet the cop was on a cell phone.

Comment

ok. Now, although it sux to see a cop acting like this, I'm of the opinion that if you are running from the cops, you are forfeiting any rights you might have had. I know there will be a lawsuit about this, but in my personal opinion, I hope the cop wins.
                            None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                            -Robert Morrison

"
                            well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by philwecksr
                              ok. Now, although it sux to see a cop acting like this, I'm of the opinion that if you are running from the cops, you are forfeiting any rights you might have had. I know there will be a lawsuit about this, but in my personal opinion, I hope the cop wins.
                              Incorrect. Even suspect evading police custody have the right to a protection of life. It's part of the reason why after a shooting a LEO is automatically put on administrative leave pending an investigation. The actions of the officer violated that right. What idiot doesn't know that a motorcycle hitting another vehicle can cause massive bodily injury to the rider? Whether or not he was evading, there are better methods. Which will run out of gas first? Even at 40 mpg, the car will get better than 200 miles to a tank. There are always better options than violently ending a pursuit.
                              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                              -Terence

Comment

Working...
                              X