X

Anyone have a Centerstand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Centerstand?

I picked up my new to me 1989 Katana 600 today. I rode home and while detailing it, I realized that a former owner had removed the centerstand. I called the previous owner and he didn't have it. He actually never knew it should have had one. Anyway anyone have one they don't want or use? If so, how much would you want for it? Thanks in advance.
    Smooth is Fast

just buy a swing arm lift.....

Comment

Swing arm lifts don't fit well for that middle of the ride stop. Check ebay for a centerstand. There is usually on out there somewhere.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

You might also want to send a PM to BraadaJim -- I think he may have some in the stash of parts he got from SpecialK.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Neither Jim nor Keith has any left. I used Manual Motorcycles in Ohio someplace when I order mine several months ago.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I just sold mine

Comment

if you can verify if the one off a 93 1100 would fit, I might be willing to help you out. normally I would not even consider selling mine, but it will be a while before I actually need it cuz I am restoring the bike. I can always hunt one down later.
              But take note that this offer is ONLY if you fail to find one elsewhere, and I will make you wait a period of one month before letting it go....just to make sure you are actually looking elsewhere for one.
              Consider my offer a last resort.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

You might also want to try contacting some of the major salvage yards, like A&J's ...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Found this one on ebay...it's for an 89 750 but it may work:

Any one know for sure?
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

mine doesn't look anywhere near like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      Yeah but you're in Canada......eh!
                      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                        That should be the one for a 600/750. You'll need to make sure it has both springs though.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                          damn...you're right. ours have a cup holer to hold a beer, and a secret slot to stash our weed in one leg.....and a place to hide a can of "boo" in the other.

In case you don't know what "boo" is, it is like mace, but to use against fags when they hit on you. You just point and shoot....and it goes "boo". the fags go prancing off in a hurry. It is very humane with no side-effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                            damn...you're right. ours have a cup holer to hold a beer, and a secret slot to stash our weed in one leg.....and a place to hide a can of "boo" in the other.

In case you don't know what "boo" is, it is like mace, but to use against fags when they hit on you. You just point and shoot....and it goes "boo". the fags go prancing off in a hurry. It is very humane with no side-effects.
                            ...never heard of "boo"....funny though...

Comment

Depending on what type of exhaust your bike has you may have clearence issues with the exhaust being in the way if they changed your exhaust over to a 4-1 exhaust system atleast somone told me that. I have a Vance& Hines 4-1 exhaust and the pipe runs right where the centerstand used to be located and I don't think you could fit one on there. Might be worth your time to check it out and see if the centerstand will fit before you go out and buy one.

Instead of using the can of Boo you could always say you like doing it kinky and pull out a electrified anal probe and tell him...you go first. That should get em running as well. Or maybe running back to you depending on how weird the guy may be.

Comment

Working...
                              X