Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Link to a great online tire-changing guide.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to a great online tire-changing guide.

Here is a very through guide to tire changing. Though a lot of you may still want to have the final tire balancing checked at a shop to ensure it is correct, (at least the first time you do this), it seems like a really solid guide. And even if you just mount yourself and take them to be balanced, I bet they would charge a little less that way.

The EPILOGUE also reinforces what The CyberPoet has said about tire patching.. One of the links shows the "mushroom style" tire patches that I like to use. Of course that type wouldn't work to get you home if your stranded. But it is definitely a safer bet if a new tire or parking the bike are not feasible for a while.

The Guide
    "The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then - to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you.
    -T.H. White from The Once and Future King

Old news . I've had that bookmarked for .... well , longer than THIS site's been around !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Old news . I've had that bookmarked for .... well , longer than THIS site's been around !
      Something like that... I read it long before this site came along, although I didn't book mark it. Good read, and I recommend it to anyone thinking about setting up their own tire-changing set-up.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X