X

great day riding...pics (56k beware)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great day riding...pics (56k beware)

went riding with katman05 again today and a new guy. it was great and would have been better if i didn't have to ride like a cripple all day with a pinched nerve or something in my neck. anyway, saw some interesting sites and great roads.

This is in Plattsburg, NY.

[img][/img]

This is Ausable Chasm in Ausable NY.

[img][/img]

The Olympic Center in Lake Placid

[img][/img]

me

[img][/img]

Chris aka: Katman05

[img][/img]

Everet

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

looks like fun. wish i wasn't stuck at work.
    '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Yeah, we did have a good ride today, Thanks Mojoe. Hope your neck feels better. We really have to head west to Ottawa on the next ride. Almost forgot, scraped the peg for the first time today, kind of scared me at first but then fright was replaced by a big smile
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

That chasm pic is spectacular!!

Comment

That is awesome! I sure would love to ride with ya sometime Mojoe, and I am serious about that.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

are all those roads in the same area? Looks like some sweet twisties there!

Comment

where was 977Blue?

I know EXACTALLY where you were...did that same trip two years ago (to pick up Marty....remember him?)

Upstate NY has some fantastic roads...just watch for the cops in Plattsburg...they are small! Blue....you should post those pics of Marty...they were the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Comment

Nice pics Mojoe. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Comment

Wildkat wrote
                  are all those roads in the same area? Looks like some sweet twisties there!
                  We first went to Lake Placid, NY and then we went just east of Bristol VT on route 17, It's voted #1 road for twisties in the state of VT. let me tell you they are 100% right and worth the 2 1/2 hr ride.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Great pics, looks like a good time!
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                      Yeah, we did have a good ride today, Thanks Mojoe. Hope your neck feels better. We really have to head west to Ottawa on the next ride. Almost forgot, scraped the peg for the first time today, kind of scared me at first but then fright was replaced by a big smile
                      yup....i saw that smile. personally, i doubt i will ever drag my pegs with my kat. i am not sure if it is a combination of my bike just not feeling right in the suspension, or if i have just lost my edge.
                      btw...good timing getting home. I was home for maybe 10 minutes when you called. Although I would have been there sooner but I got stuck behind a state trooper for the last 30 miles. The state police barracks is right on the border, and as luck would have it, I had to follow him all the way there. I could have shaved 20 minutes of the trip if he wasn't. And I got lost to add to to it. somehow i missed the 100 and ended up on the 15. i had to stop and ask directions twice.

And wildkat...yes, there are a ton of roads like that in vt, nh and ny. Maybe not as twisty as rt17, but there are a few more close to that.
                      When I was riding yesterday, the thought crossed my mind that KR should start thinking about considerring getting a north eastern rallie going. it would not like be like the gap for twisties, but it could in some ways be just as good. SOCal has their rallie, then there is the Gap in the south....so why not something for the north eastern fellows? vermont and new hampshire would make a nice place to meet.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                        That is awesome! I sure would love to ride with ya sometime Mojoe, and I am serious about that.
                        anytime, Thom. anyway, someday we will....i am sure of that.

Originally posted by Range
                        where was 977Blue?

I know EXACTALLY where you were...did that same trip two years ago (to pick up Marty....remember him?)

Upstate NY has some fantastic roads...just watch for the cops in Plattsburg...they are small! Blue....you should post those pics of Marty...they were the funniest thing I have ever seen.
                        I thought about him the night before, but this ride was practically a last minute thing. We didn't have anything confirmed until late the night before. Too bad, cuz for sure it would have been cool to have Blue along.
                        Range...have you ever ridden in Vermont or New Hampshire? I agree upstate NY has fantastic roads, but I find it a bit too "populated" compared to VT and NH. In NY we were always stuck behind slow moving traffic. Vermont is almost isolated on much of it's roads. On the rt17, I think the bikes must have outnumber the cars 2 to 1....very little cage traffic at all.
                        Anyway, this fall is the best time to see these places. So you boys (and gals...right Slim ) should think about coming down for a weekend during the fall foilage. It is an awesome time to ride these roads. If you guys could swing a 3 day weekend, I have a cottage on the lake that will sleep a dozen easy enough with a few air matresses and sleeping bags.

Comment

Working...
                        X