X

Headers for an 04 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers for an 04 750

Looking for info where to buy headers, info about which is better than others, how much improvement over stock, what else is necessary to gain improvement.

Thanks for help.

For improvement on hp? Buy a better bike. You're not going to squeeze much out of a KAT motor with bolt-ons. I suggest a jet kit, advancer and upgrade the suspension first.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah, looking thru the threads it certainly appears that headers won't do much, if anything, except make you poorer.

Seems the Factory Pro stage 1 jet kit has lots of admirers here. Are the benefits worth the bother since the low cost isn't a big concern.

Comment

The advancer smoothes out the power band, the jet kit improves throttle response and over all better running engine. The bang for the buck is a full Racetech suspension, like night and day.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

l'll have to learn how to corner a lot better to take advantage of the benefits an improved suspension would give. I realize a better suspension is always a good thing but stock this bike can already handle far above my ability.

Still I'm curious to know what you mean by a full suspension. What parts does it consist of?

Comment

Better rear shock, fork rebuild with springs and Emulators
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by nelson muntz View Post
              l'll have to learn how to corner a lot better to take advantage of the benefits an improved suspension would give. I realize a better suspension is always a good thing but stock this bike can already handle far above my ability.

Still I'm curious to know what you mean by a full suspension. What parts does it consist of?

No offense, but your location doesn't really push the suspension much to start with. And if you did, you would think it's your inexperience that is the cause when your really fighting the poor suspension, based upon your statement.

What a good suspension will do for you is make the ride much smoother and make bumps significantly less bumpy...

Rebuild on the front forks for a set would suggest emulators and springs. Around $300 in parts and such.

Rebuild your rear shock also would run around $300 or so.

Tmod can do both for you for aprox $750 range. he can give you specific quotes, but there was a thread that he posted it a while back. Probably not much different now.

As for what it would do for you... it would make the bike ride like a completely better bike and is a much more needed upgrade than anything else for these models.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X