Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to turn a bike

so i did a quick search and couldn't find anything
    is this recommended/doable on a kat

If you notice at 0:26 right when it goes into reverse he starts to lay it down. I really recommend not trying this with your kat. Might be possible, but it more probable the kickstand will give way or you will drop it just like the guy in the video did which they happened to edit out. Why would you need to do this??
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

to fix it facing forward on the garage

Comment

Back it in like I do? Could always get one of those rolling platforms from harbor freight, ride the bike in on it then turn it around.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

wish i could but its to steep

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
            Could always get one of those rolling platforms from harbor freight, ride the bike in on it then turn it around.
            This way it can also be easily moved around the garage as well. probably make one pretty cheaply too.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

i do it all the time with my kat no problem it does take a couple tries to get the feel for it but i never dropped my bike doin it

Comment

The Katana kickstand is embarassingly weak as it is, you want to test that?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

DO NOT DO THIS WITH YOUR KAT. I did repeatedly, and my kickstand is so loose I had to disable the safety switch and will eventually need to repair the cradle where it bolts in.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

i've seen a couple of kickstands snap...my R6 stand is literally pencil thin...the Kat is just too heavy..i don't think this should be done on every bike

Comment

I do it once or twice a month, but I don't left the bike to high. I live in a basement and the guys up stairs have 3 cars parked tight so I have to drive in and drive out so I don't buy a new paint job for one of them.

Comment

Would probably be easier and less harmful to do that on the center stand instead. If you have the room and still have a grab bar, though, then you can slide the back tire AND the kickstand along a smooth floor to turn it around.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                          Would probably be easier and less harmful to do that on the center stand instead. If you have the room and still have a grab bar, though, then you can slide the back tire AND the kickstand along a smooth floor to turn it around.
                          +1

I'm not a big guy (5'7") and I do it occasionally on the center stand...left hand on the end of the left grip and right hand on the grab bar...just push down and swing her around. I previously had one of those steep down ramp driveways into a narrow garage, and had to pull a 180° with my old CB750S. A low friction suface would help a lot.
                          2004 GSX750F

Comment

did this all the time with dirtbikes, wouldn't try on the kat though.
                            Last edited by joedan; 05-26-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

None of the dirtbikes I ever owned had a kickstand lol. If it is ever necessary for me to make a stationary turn, I do what LnL said, lift the back end an swing it round.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X