No announcement yet.
X

05 Impala, new system

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i love how my friends talk about how awesome their system is because you can hear it from far away. Then you look and they have some walmart sony x's in a truck box. Then you sit inside and every note is like BWAAAHH with no differentiation between notes lol.

I did mine for SQL. I like it loud, but id much rather give up obnoxiousness over sound quality.

(btw that statement was NOT directed to you doyle, just sayin)

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post

Comment

I agree the best subs in a crappy box or a box too small or two big and the SQ and SPL goes down the drain.
        Wiring also plays a huge role, make sure you have the proper size wiring to the HU as well as the amps and subs.
        I have never used factory power wires to any aftermarket HU. The tiny 22AWG wiring or whatever it is they use is just too small to power the internal HU amps cleanly. I use 8 or 10AWG for my main HU power and ground and keep them as short as possible.
        4AWG to the amps ans 8AWG to speakers

I used to run my Talon and Chevy Xtreme in SQ comps and always did pretty good. Dynamat everything, and spray all the inside with truck bed liner.>
        When you buy a sub, read the instructions, do your math and then build a box to fit your space with proper volume for each sub.
        I usually don't like bandpass or ported boxes other people have built But I have personally done my homework and build a few killer ported boxes that were amazing with cheap subs.
        As long as you get the box correct ( and tuned properly if ported) you can make a budget audio sysem sound better then a high end system just thrown together.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
        X