X

Isle of Man TT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isle of Man TT

Just to remind those of you who may or may not know, the Isle of Man TT finale races are running on Discovery HD Theater on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th... for those of you who get HD.

-
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Last time I watched that I was at my in-laws house with his 52" Flat screen and surround sound. Half-way through the race they all started laughing at me. Apparently I was leaning in my seat like I was actually riding his motorcycle, and I didnt even notice!

--Those first perso shots are unbelievable, really makes you feel like you are there.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Yes, i've been watching it (also on a 52" HDTV). Its amazing how fast they were going in those damp conditions. But very exciting!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

just amazing, especially when they get a wiggle after going airborne at 130+ mph! those guys definitely have balls of steel!
        2002 Suzuki Katana 750
        "Scarlett"

Comment

I saw some... Amazing
          sigpic

Comment

It's one of those channels I don't get

I always see it there, and try to change to it. They have some sweet motorcycle programming on that channel.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              It's one of those channels I don't get

I always see it there, and try to change to it. They have some sweet motorcycle programming on that channel.
              Yes, they call Monday's "Motorcycle Monday" on that station.
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                Yes, they call Monday's "Motorcycle Monday" on that station.
                Dammit Insight, this stuff's getting too expensive...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sweeeet! wheelie up..

Comment

Definately on my bucket list... gotta make the trip to see it in person!!

Comment

I'd preferred the Manx Grand Prix (end of August to the beginning of September) over the Isle of Man TT (end of May to the beginning of June), because there's likely fewer people and of those people in attendance, they were all serious motorcycle enthusiasts. Evidentially, the Isle of Man TT has it's share of 'posers'.

A few more reasons the Manx GP might be the better choice. Getting Ferry tickets to the Isle of Man is no easy endeavour, so with fewer people attending the Manx GP, the easier it will be getting to the Isle of Man. I've heard people going to the IoM TT making reservations on the Ferry 2 years in advance. Same goes with hotels, bed & breakfasts and camping. And last, but not least, the weather is far better during August and September.

http://www.manxgrandprix.org
                      http://www.iomtt.com

Comment

I can't watch it. I haven't got HD...but I was there... and I'm going to be there again in 148 days (not that I'm counting).

I'm on the 7am ferry crossing, arriving just over 2 hours later. I hope I have a little more luck than last year; I managed to slide off my TL1000R in the pouring rain about 3 minutes after arriving.

If I want to relive the TT, I can just pop the DVD on, sit back with a beer, and relax for a few hours. Bliss.

Paul.
                        Suzuki GSX750F 2002
                        Suzuki TL1000R 1998
                        Yamaha RD350 1981
                        Aprilia RS250 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkOwlFAU View Post
                          just amazing, especially when they get a wiggle after going airborne at 130+ mph! those guys definitely have balls of steel!
                          Actually its balls of carbon fiber... balls of steel would slow them down too much!
                          1991 Katana 750 (GSX750F) 23K miles
                          -Mystic Color Shifting Paint (Cyan/Magenta)
                          -Corbin Seat

Comment

It's awesome...

Comment

Working...
                            X