X

Replacement mirrors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement mirrors

Last edited by Steveb; 02-15-2009, 02:15 AM.
    93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

good luck finding aftermarket that work. it can be done, but it just doesn't look right.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

The cheapest I foungd for mirrors were $160 each. I'm suprised no one makes an adapeter brackett to fit other types of mirrors. It would still be cost effective.
      1990 GSX 1100

Comment

I just sold a set to mrlucky for $80 shipped. 25% the cost of new. I might come across some more in the near future. I will let you know if I do and if you still need them.

Comment

I just put a sey of GSXR mirrors on. I just drilled new spots under the existing mounting points. I am eventually going to get the mirrors with the turn signals built in them and get rid of the big turn signals up front.

Then its the fun of doing fiberglass work and covering up all the holes and repainting.
          1990 GSX 1100

Comment

Yep,1100 mirrors are the Holy Grail of 1100 parts. I bought a set off of DragBike.com and they were pretty rough,but they did the job. Probably going to bite the bullet and hit the stealership for some fresh ones,though.
            Records or parts-I didn't come here not to break SOMETHING.

Comment

Originally posted by RIFLEMAN
              Yep,1100 mirrors are the Holy Grail of 1100 parts. I bought a set off of DragBike.com and they were pretty rough,but they did the job. Probably going to bite the bullet and hit the stealership for some fresh ones,though.
              4 mirrors from the dealership in 12 years, and 3 used ones. the 88 mirrors are ok...they are solid and last. but in 90 when they put on the "nicer looking" mirrors that are on a spring swivel at the base......well, they suck ass. both of mine on my 93 have a screw that I twisted into the spring washers on the swivel. I had no choice because they were sloppy and impossible to see out of when on the roll. Plus it took me 2 previous "hurt to the wallet" situations where I let them flop around a bit too long and lost them on the road. I have not priced them lately to see if the drop in exchange has lowered the price in canada, but I paid over $300 each after taxes to replce them. I have 3 nice spares I picked up off of ebay at a steal....and NO, they are not for sale. like RM said...they are the holy grail of 1100 parts. it is by far the one item I am asked for the most. just parting out the current 1100 on ebay, I have had at least a dozen requests for them. I am sure I could have gotten more on ebay than what I sold them for, but I much rather give someone here a good deal.

Comment

I should have said that it took me over 120k miles to go through all those mirrors. that is what I put on my 92 over 12 years. most people won't go through that many mirrors.

Comment

Re: Replacement mirrors

Originally posted by Steveb
                  My second ride on this beast, and a previous-owner repair job fails.
                  I need new mirrors!

What aftermarket ones both fit and work?
                  I mounted these below the original mounting area for the mirrors, http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...d=41008&mmyId=

they may look weird because of their location plus sticking out from the body but at least I no longer see my arms & elbows when trying to see behind me.
                  I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

well if anyone is interested i have some mirrors from my 90 1100, but are said to be 89's, just got the bike so i dont know

Comment

I got a pair from my 95 (converted to naked)
                      50 us$ will do (plus shipping)
                      Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slowcars4life View Post

Then its the fun of doing fiberglass work and covering up all the holes and repainting.
                        how about looking at repeater indicator lights off cars, if you're lucky you might find a set that would mount in the place of your originals and give you the sleeker look you are after along without the problem of filling the holes ....

just a suggestion
                        it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Interesting idea, I will have to check into that. The weather is to cold to really work with this fiberglass and paint at the moment.
                          1990 GSX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo View Post
                            I got a pair from my 95 (converted to naked)
                            50 us$ will do (plus shipping)
                            Will these bolt onto the 1990 without any modification?

Comment

Working...
                            X