X

ATTENTION Gap go-ers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION Gap go-ers...

I need to know if there are any members that are going to the gap that are from north eastern US.....and who from Canada is going and how they are going. I had decided i was going to go with Katman05, but I misunderstood when he was going. He is not going down until late summer...like september.
    So this kinda made me decide I wasn't going to go down. It is not that I am afraid to iron butt it alone, but the idea of it makes me hesitate and decide to stick around here and do my work on my kat. BUT...the desire is still pretty strong. So if there was some way I could hook up with someone not too far away, and do the trip with them, I would probably go. So is there anyone who fits the bill? Anyone from north eastern US or canada that was thinking of going, but don't want to go alone?
    I trust my bike, but would just prefer no to travel that distance alone...just in case. After all, the damn thing is 13 years old.....and if something does happen, I don't want to be stuck in the middle of no where on my own.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Mo.. are you going to the rally? If so, you can plan to hook up with a few of us that are caravaning together. This way you have company and plenty of tools "if" you have problems. Then again, if your ass gets to sore and if my wifey don't mind you could drive the truck and take an ass break...I'd be happy to give ya a break :mrgreen:...

Now if your just planning a random trip down, i'm sure there enough people here to assist in mapping your trip down so you had a place to lay over every night. You'd have a safe place to park everynight and some one close enough "if" you had a problem.

Lord knows i have plenty of room here for a lay over. Gotta garage big enough to park in and equiped with a sleeper sofa, tv, fridge full of beer and soda and the early morning coffee pot...

Comment

sounds like a party at Breeze's.

Comment

I plan to go and I was planning to ride down as well. I'm located in Toronto so if you're planning to go down we perhaps we can hook up. I'm not sure, however, where would be the best place to meet.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
          I plan to go and I was planning to ride down as well. I'm located in Toronto so if you're planning to go down we perhaps we can hook up. I'm not sure, however, where would be the best place to meet.
          Gananoque is pretty central to us. I would have no problem meeting you there, then we cross over at 1000 islands and head down the 81.
          Woobie is heading to the gap, and he is from TO or the area isn't he?
          Hey Woobie...which way are you going down?

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
            Gananoque is pretty central to us. I would have no problem meeting you there, then we cross over at 1000 islands and head down the 81.
            Sounds like a plan. We'll have to finalize details. I'm wondering if there is anyone else that's going down as well?
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
              I'm waiting to hear if the wife can get the time off to cover me so I can go still .

Last year we crossed at Detroit and took I75 down because we were stopping at Bab's mid way.

I'm not sure what route in on the agenda this year.
              Kyle

Comment

I am. Jackal too.

We crossed in widsor last year and went straight down 75. Was probably going to go down the same way again this year as it's the quickest way for us around toronto. Would love to ride down with ya Mojoe, but that would a considerable amount of time to both of our trips. WHo knows though. I'll definatly keep it in mind. Would definatly be cool to ride down in one huge group though.

Hey Jackass, whats your plan?

Comment

This is the driving time/distance from my place to the gap.

Start: Montréal, Québec, Canada
                  End: Robbinsville, Graham, North Carolina, United States
                  Total Distance: 1125.4 Miles
                  Estimated Total Time: 18 hours, 21 minutes

this is from Toronto to the gap

Start: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
                  End: Robbinsville, Graham, North Carolina, United States
                  Total Distance: 875.3 Miles
                  Estimated Total Time: 14 hours, 17 minutes

this is from my place to Toronto

Start: Montréal, Québec, Canada
                  End: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
                  Total Distance: 339.0 Miles
                  Estimated Total Time: 5 hours, 56 minutes

so the way I see it, it is 4 hours longer for me to get to the gap than you guys in Toronto.
                  However, it is 6 hours from my place to Toronto. And that is assuming I follow the speed limit. So let's say I cut it down to 5 hours.
                  So in affect, overall, It would only be 1 or 2 hours more for all together if I trucked up to TO, and then went down with you guys.
                  That might work. If I can get the Ottawa guys to chip in here, it might be more practical for me to meet up with them and go down.
                  But all in all, I think I would rather take 2 hours longer over all not have to do it alone.
                  [/code]

Comment

The offer to caravan with the northeast crew is open if your plans dont work out with Katatonic, woobie, and jackal. Or heck, maybe we all meet up along the way and show up at the same time.

Me, Char, Steves, & Breeze, are all definately heading down together so far; the more the merrier.

Comment

I'm for meeting near TO for a trip to the Gap. IMHO, the more people we can get in a group the better (within limits of course).

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                        The offer to caravan with the northeast crew is open if your plans dont work out with Katatonic, woobie, and jackal. Or heck, maybe we all meet up along the way and show up at the same time.

Me, Char, Steves, & Breeze, are all definately heading down together so far; the more the merrier.
                        where are you in PA?

Comment

South Central PA, bout 20 minutes from the capital, Harrisburg. We're gonna go head down Rt 81 through VA & WVA and pick up Breeze along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze
                            ...This way you have company and plenty of tools "if" you have problems....
                            (I can't resist!!!)

You DO mean HANDtools, right?

Comment

lmao!

Comment

Working...
                              X