X

Just got some Metzeler Z6s, have a Q.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got some Metzeler Z6s, have a Q.

I just put on the Metzeler Z6s (120/70 front - 160/60 rear). I was told that when you change the tires, especially the size, you should adjust the suspension. I know a lot of people use these tires on their Kats, so I figured I'd ask what you all set your suspension settings to, front and rear. I weigh 150, just in case that matters much. I'm about to take a trip up to Dragon's Tail in a few weeks, so I would really like my bike to be riding as good as possible.
    ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

At 150 lbs, given that your forks had the oil changed in the last two years or so and that the rear shock isn't blown or otherwise borderline:

Front Tire Pressure: 34.5 - 35.5
    Rear Tire Pressure: 37 - 38
    Rear Shock Preload setting: 4 or 5 clicks (out of 7)
    Rear Shock Damper setting: 2 or 3
    Fork damping setting: 2 or 3 clicks clockwise from full counter-clockwise.

For the suspension settings, set the rear to 4/2 & the front to 2 and ride it for 15 minutes. Then set the rear to 5/2 and ride it for 15 minutes. Pick one. Then go 3 on the damping setting and see if you like that better -- if not, go back to 2.
    After you get the rear set up to your liking, do the different fork settings.

Or do a search for "setting static sag" which will give you instructions for setting the rear preload based on the actual sag you encounter (measured by height) between the rear wheel being unloaded and with you on the bike.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X