X

I did it. Metzeler Z6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it. Metzeler Z6

So after much thought and contemplation I finally bucked down and ordered the Z6s. I actually think that this will turn out to be one of the best decisions I ever could have made for my Katana. Both from a Safety standpoint and from a durability and quality point too.
    Just want to say thanks to everyone that commented on this tire decision.
    The Z6s will be put on Monday and I will get to try them out Tuesday Can't wait
    Once again thanks to Twelve Five and CyberPoet and Everyone on the Forum for helping me see the light. Don't want to know where I would be w/o KatRiders.com
    I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Just remember that the first 50 to 100 miles you will need to be carefull, those new tires can be kinda slipery till you get them scuffed in..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

You will be very happy with them. I consider tires to be a safety item like your brakes. Spending the moeny on good ones makes sense.

Comment

Congrats.

Any problems with cancelling the order for the shinko's?
        Kyle

Comment

Well done!! Take ZukiFred's advice, I've only put 50km's on mine and it is definetely a little slippery.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
            Congrats.

Any problems with cancelling the order for the shinko's?
            Nope. Luckily the owner of the shop was real cool and he happened to be getting those Shiatkos in for his stock.

ALSO FOUND OUT THAT THOSE BUSAS BUYING THOSE SHINKOS ARE FOR THE DRAG STRIP AND TRACK. A PLACE WHERE A CHEAP TIRE WOULD BE REASONABLE TO BURN OUT. ONLY GOOD FOR ABOUT 100 LAPS TOO.
            I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

I love my Metzlers. You made the right choice. As soon as you get to ride 'em I know we're gonna hear how happy you are with you decision. Good luck!
              ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Working...
              X