X

New winter project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New winter project

Full Leo Vince just arrived, now just need the $$$ for the power commander and tune.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Get some shoes hippy!

J/k looks good!
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Get some shoes hippy!

J/k looks good!
      This is Cain Tucky, we ain't got none of them fancy shoes...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Have fun!

Comment

Dude, it's all in pieces. You got ripped off.

Comment

Should I go ahead and order new gaskets and bolts while I'm already in there? Bike has 15k miles on it...

Comment

I would order the new gaskets and such while it's apart just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
                I would order the new gaskets and such while it's apart just to be safe.
                Gaskets on order (for $20...) hoping none of the header bolts snap, have anti seize for reinstall...

Comment

I recommend safety shoes when turning wrenches.
                  Tejasandre

Comment

Yeah, hippie!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Cool nice looking exhaust.
                      Richard
                      96 Suzuki GSX750F
                      89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                      05 Yamaha WR450F
                      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

hippies wear sandals....... hillbillies go barefoot

I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but make sure you clean the pipes up real well with something that doesn't leave residue before you fire it up the first time. Nobody likes permanent fingerprints on their header.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                          I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but make sure you clean the pipes up real well with something that doesn't leave residue before you fire it up the first time. Nobody likes permanent fingerprints on their header.
                          Definitely. I'm thinking about doing the headers in flat black VHT and then just leaving the midpipe and can alone. Not sure yet.

Can an admin move this to the long term section? This is gonna be a fun buildup...

Parts List:

Full Leo Vince (new gaskets en route, still deciding on low mount vs high mount)
                          PC3 USB
                          Galfer SS brake lines
                          Brembo front m/c
                          Chrome stator cover

To maybe buy:

Hotter cams from the 05-06 6rr or 636
                          08 6r swinger and Nissin calipers
                          08 6r wheel swap
                          New chain and sprockets (only 15k miles don't really need it yet)
                          Factory Pro VStacks
                          ASV levers

Paint work:

Repaint solo cowl black (got bugs in it the first time)
                          Have a neat idea for the cowl, never seen anything like it before
                          Paint front fender black
                          Maybe paint the frame black or flat black, not sure.
                          Also may paint the wheels Graphite, still on the fence.
                          Last edited by scottynoface; 09-09-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

More parts came today...

Comment

oooh you could have the wheels done in black chrome that would look bad azz
                              time to nut up or shut up
                              Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                              The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X