X

Tires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires?

Anyone ever tried, used, or have the Shinko 009's. They are a good price, have had good reviews, but dont know much about them. Been using the Shinko Advance005 on the rear and Pilot Power 2ct on the front. front lasted 12000 miles rear about 6000. Any input would be nice.
    99 Ford F150 4x4
    04 Mustang GT
    2010 Camaro SS
    06 GSX600F
    sigpic

I've never run them personally, but I've never heard anything bad about them from people who have run them.

Hopefully someone will chime in that has run them personally, before the flood of "forget Shinko, run the Conti-Michelin-Dunlop-Bridgestone-Metzeler-Avon-Pirelli's that I have on my bike......." responses that will surely follow any tire opinion post.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I am running them on the front and back. I have about 6000 on them right now and the front looks almost brand new and the rear has about 60% to 70% left still.

As far as how they feel. I like them but that is all personal preference. I will say that i have not had them slip on me once even in heavy rain.

Comment

how do you get that sort of mileage out of a tire. I've got about 6500 on my originals and the rear is about warn out and the front isn't far behind...not to mention the feathering that is occurring on both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by doblerj14 View Post
          I am running them on the front and back. I have about 6000 on them right now and the front looks almost brand new and the rear has about 60% to 70% left still.

As far as how they feel. I like them but that is all personal preference. I will say that i have not had them slip on me once even in heavy rain.
          Thanks

Originally posted by BobCarter View Post
          how do you get that sort of mileage out of a tire. I've got about 6500 on my originals and the rear is about warn out and the front isn't far behind...not to mention the feathering that is occurring on both of them.
          I mainly use my bike for commuting to work, 50 miles 1 way on interstate doing 80, with an occasional ride in the mountains.
          Last edited by csjcsj; 06-28-2010, 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          99 Ford F150 4x4
          04 Mustang GT
          2010 Camaro SS
          06 GSX600F
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobCarter View Post
            I do mainly do commuting too. About 60 miles a day.

Comment

Originally posted by doblerj14 View Post
              I do mainly do commuting too. About 60 miles a day.
              Mine is 1way, 100 miles a day. Then I drive at work all day.

Anyone else experience these tires????????????
              Last edited by csjcsj; 06-29-2010, 03:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              99 Ford F150 4x4
              04 Mustang GT
              2010 Camaro SS
              06 GSX600F
              sigpic

Comment

I have about 2,000 miles on a 006 (Podium) front. Great in the rain and still looks brand new. I think as time goes on Shinko is getting more and more popular. As soon as my rear Michelin Macadam wears out I'll replace it with a 006 rear. The only reason I didn't go with a 009 is because they don't make a 150 rear.

Jay
                96 GSX600F w/ V&H SSR2

Comment

Originally posted by csjcsj View Post
                  Anyone ever tried, used, or have the Shinko 009's. They are a good price, have had good reviews, but dont know much about them. Been using the Shinko Advance005 on the rear and Pilot Power 2ct on the front. front lasted 12000 miles rear about 6000. Any input would be nice.

Im running the shinko 009, I like it much better then the conti that I had been running.. Better grip and more stable. Now I have only had it for about 800 miles...
                  My friend was running it on his gixxer1000 and said it was good. So I tried it...
                  2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

Well went an ordered them today. be in Thursday, getting them put on Friday, then its back on the road again.
                    99 Ford F150 4x4
                    04 Mustang GT
                    2010 Camaro SS
                    06 GSX600F
                    sigpic

Comment

Jester on here has them up from a bald bald tire and they feel great he says lol but anything from bald feel good, but if the wallet permits next time go with a more reputable tire.

i love my contis

Comment

hey csj where u order them at?

ahh nvm found them on ebay... whats the biggest size that will fit my 02 kat 600 rear rim?
                        Last edited by Vlad; 07-06-2010, 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Vlad The Russian

Comment

Originally posted by csjcsj View Post

Where are you getting this tire for a good price? I am also shopping around and checking out prices on tires.
                          "Riding a motorcycle on today's highways, you have to ride in a very defensive manner. You have to be a good rider and you have to have both hands and both feet on the controls at all times."- Evel Knievel

Comment

Working...
                          X