X

quick question about tire sizes and aspect ratio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question about tire sizes and aspect ratio

I have a 92 Kat 600 stock tire sizes on it now 1108017 front and 1408017 rear. my question is if the aspect ratio is different ie 1207017 front and and a 1506017 rear is that going to affect handling or be bad in any way and the next question is will my tires affect my Speedo

Common stock replacement 120/70/17 & 150/60/70 the circumference is slightly smaller than the OEM size so, yes it will effect the speedo. The circumference difference is minimal.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

What about 120 60 I've read that it will be kind of a harsh ride but great road feel

Comment

Won't fit the rim
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Ok but the 70 will with no problem or should I just get the stock replacement I found

Comment

120/70/17 will fit
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Thank you for the input just got it out the other day and will for sure need a front and rear this season lol will the different aspect ratio on the rear play with the handling at all or no I'm sure anything will be better as the rear is kinda squared off

Comment

Nope, if anything it will improve a little.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Alright well since you are answering right away haha can I ask you about a flat spot between 6k - 8k rpm I'm thinking it needs to be synchronized because the kid that had it before me had them apart but didn't do it

Comment

Good place to start
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                    X