X

Hello all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
    K guys need help took carbs off noticed something rattling opened top of one of carb and the the part that holds the needle in place one of sides broke so there was a lil spring and the thing that holds the needle in place was look was able to get it to go back in bit cause one of sides that hold it in is brokebit will pop back off hu h do u think that could be my problem

Comment

Do I need to adjust my fuel air screw with Vance and Hines exhaust

Comment

I can't tell what your other posts says.

For any US katana without a jet kit, 2.5 turns on the air fuel screws is much better than stock. You can do an idle drop to find exactly what your bike will run best at (2.25, 2.75, etc) but 2.5 is a great starting point.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I can't tell what your other posts says.

For any US katana without a jet kit, 2.5 turns on the air fuel screws is much better than stock. You can do an idle drop to find exactly what your bike will run best at (2.25, 2.75, etc) but 2.5 is a great starting point.

Sorry the bikebi got has Vance and Hines exhaust I'm cleaning carbs and noticed the pilot screws were way off one was at 7 other was at 6/1/2 and 5 and 3/1/4 so I was just wondering what do put the screw too after fully seating them

Comment

I need help again
            New plugs clean carbs but still no low end power on take off it just chugs gotta give it like 5 RPM too take off

Comment

Seat the a/f screw lightly, then back out to 2.5 turns from there.

Are you letting it warm up with the choke on? Is it stumbling o ly when the engine isn't warm yet? Is it always stumbling there even when it's warmed up?
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Seat the a/f screw lightly, then back out to 2.5 turns from there.

Are you letting it warm up with the choke on? Is it stumbling o ly when the engine isn't warm yet? Is it always stumbling there even when it's warmed up?
                Thanks for the reply I let it warm the choke like doesn't work even when cold it barely goes to 1200rpm the screws are exactly at 2.5 and it sputters cold and warm

Originally posted by Myers2002 View Post
                Thanks for the reply I let it warm the choke like doesn't work even when cold it barely goes to 1200rpm the screws are exactly at 2.5 and it sputters cold and warm
                I see you from Oakland I moved from Hayward bout 10 yrs ago was born and raised there
                Last edited by Myers2002; 08-28-2017, 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Small world. My sister moved up to Medford right around then, otherwise lived in the bay all her life.

So does adjusting the choke ever make the rpms higher? It definitely should when the bike is cold and first turned on.
                  1200 rpm is what it should be idling at normally, without the choke (once it warms up at least)
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Small world. My sister moved up to Medford right around then, otherwise lived in the bay all her life.

So does adjusting the choke ever make the rpms higher? It definitely should when the bike is cold and first turned on.
                    1200 rpm is what it should be idling at normally, without the choke (once it warms up at least)
                    Definitely a small world so in played a lil with choke this morning and its very touchy but I got it to high idle that's good. But I still have no low end power as far as taking off I have to ride the clutch to get it to go steady otherwise it just boggs then will smooth out when I'm on highway doing 80 it does good my commute is 60 miles round trip so it does well at high RPM just not low

Comment

Read through this, not saying it will help you but it's worth a read
                      http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by rperry03 View Post
                        Read through this, not saying it will help you but it's worth a read
                        http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html
                        Thanks for the helpful advice

Comment

Thanks for the helpful advice
                          One more question so I can't seem to get my clutch lever right the nut on top is all tbe way in and it grabs at the very end when releasing it i unscrew the nut makes it worse I tried releasing the 10 mm nit by the foot peg and turning screw until resistance but it was already tight I just can't seem to get it

Comment

Definitely a small world so in played a lil with choke this morning and its very touchy but I got it to high idle that's good. But I still have no low end power as far as taking off I have to ride the clutch to get it to go steady otherwise it just boggs then will smooth out when I'm on highway doing 80 it does good my commute is 60 miles round trip so it does well at high RPM just not low

Dude I so dont understand whats going on I have been riding bike to work all week 60 miles round trip bike rides fine in high gears I just dont understand why I get crappy milage and in first gear on take off if I give it too much throttle on take off it just chugs and almost stall then grabs and goes kinda embarrassing lol in town any suggestion I can try

Dude I so dont understand whats going on I have been riding bike to work all week 60 miles round trip bike rides fine in high gears I just dont understand why I get crappy milage and in first gear on take off if I give it too much throttle on take off it just chugs and almost stall then grabs and goes kinda embarrassing lol in town any suggestion I can try
                            Last edited by Myers2002; 08-31-2017, 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                            X