X

Bar Ends for Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Ends for Kat

I want to replace the factory bar ends on my 2003 kat I was going to just get new screws and paint the old ones but cant seem to find screws that match tried several places including home depot and Canadian tire. I found these on line it says the do fit but I know we just use a screw the screws into the end of the handle bar. Anyone have any experience with these ones

You'll have to mod the bars as the katana has a screw plate in the bar. You may just be able to pull it out or drive it deeper into the bar, I can't remember if it's a welded plate or the grip type. I would reuse the katana end they are heavier and work better to reduce vibration.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

so probably better to replace the screws then from a dealer?

Comment

I would. I'll pull one and check the screw measurements.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

so what are these for to prevent wooble?

Comment

m6 X 1 tapered head... the length is specific to your application.

Bar ends are to reduce vibration at the bars from engine and road vibration.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I just ended up stripping the old ones down and repainting them.

Comment

I got the same problem. My Bar ends are rusting and the screws holding them on are seized. I was going to purchase new bar ends until I read this post. I guess I'll refinish mine while on the bike. Riding season starts here in just a couple of weeks and have other stuff on my list before riding it as my daily.

Good post

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  You'll have to mod the bars as the katana has a screw plate in the bar. You may just be able to pull it out or drive it deeper into the bar, I can't remember if it's a welded plate or the grip type. I would reuse the katana end they are heavier and work better to reduce vibration.
                  It is a welded plate.

Comment

Working...
                  X