Katana of the Month - November 2007  teddy

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Touring 411

Touring 411 Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #11
MotorBikeMike
Katrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano68 View Post
Nice, Let me know how it is. I have been looking at that route for a few years now. I have herd pretty good thing about it.
Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneraider View Post
Ear buds and cell phone charger, walking shoes if your wearing riding boots.
Frozen water bottles plus a ball cap & some shades and a lot really depends on weather. Bike lock or helmet lock too. You could always swing by my place as i'm not that far out of the way!
Good ideas here. Never thought of music. That would make it much more enjoyable for sure. Gotta get on that soon as I leave in a week and a half for this adventure. Where abouts are ya? Maybe PM me you contact info, and I will call or text you when I'm near. Maybe meet up for a coffee.

Last edited by MotorBikeMike; 06-20-2016 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MotorBikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:03 PM   #12
woobie
Kat Legend

eBay ID: labayb

Noise cancelling earbuds are a big help, they act like earplugs to cut the wind noise and of course make it easier to hear the music compared to the older hard plastic earphones. a cheap $20 set of sony's from the source is what i use.

Something to clean your visor with, dollarstore micro fibre cloths are great. the phone number and maybe addresses of any bike shops in the area, "just in case"

if your wearing a 2 pc, or even normal cloths hit a walmart and get a set of their knock off under armor long john style bottoms, they are awesome!!! a shirt to go with it isn't a bad idea either. helps wick the sweat away and makes getting out of your gear much easier on a hot day.

Personally I don't bother with taking parts, some basic tools and rain gear but that's about it.

if you have a decent gps that can import maps and routes look into "tyre" it's a free route planning program, you can plot a route on your computer, convert it and upload it to a gps.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:59 AM   #13
Suture
Squid

- A GPS with a list of the local gas stations
- First Aid kit
- A bottle of water
- Some snack (like 1-2 sandwiches or a few candy bars for energy)
- Tire Repair Kit

And make sure you do the chain/oil checkups before you set off
Suture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #14
steves
Argh
Supporting Member

For a day trip I wouldn't pack much more than some rain gear and a couple of bottles of water. It's if I'm going to be beyond the range of wife/friends and my truck that I'll think about carrying some tools.

For my Triumph I carry stuff I'm not sure everyone will have, like the 46mm socket for my rear wheel

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:46 PM   #15
MotorBikeMike
Katrider

So many great ideas here. So much support. Thanks to all that has helped me with my list of things to pack. Went out and replaced my Ipod Shuffle. For some reason the original one I had doesn't turn on anymore. So bought another one. The good thing about the little iPod Shuffle device is that it has a really good quality made clip to attach it to the end of the sleeve on my riding jacket. It will be easy to use during riding. I'm so stoked about this trip. Hopefully its problem free
MotorBikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Touring 411