KOTM Dec 2008 waveman

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop

Exhaust & Mod Shop Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
pinoiryder
Chicken Strip

Default Where is the Air/Fuel mixture know on 01 Katana 600

Where is the AF mixture knob located on 01 Katana 600?
Old 10-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
92xjunker
Neo-Maxoid-Zoomed-Dweebie
Supporting Member

eBay ID: guysmustang

Same place as the pre Kat, bottom front of the carb, may have a cap pressed over it. Carefully drill and remove the cap.
If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group
92xjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
Kat Floyd
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92xjunker View Post
Carefully drill and remove the cap.
CAREFULLY! ask me how I know...
They are thin and drill fast and the plug on the other side is soft material.
Hope you dont have to deal with them.
Kat Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
clevelandmanwhore
Squid

eBay ID: gigglersman

For optimal off idle response and better a/f mix on most katanas the mixture screws should be set around 2.25-2.5 turns out for a completely stock bike or one with slip on exhaust. With Ivan's kit, 3.5 to 4 turns. Because the Katana is oil cooled, that mixture must be a little richer than a water cooled bike because it takes more to keep engine temps down on our bikes (our bikes get hotter faster) verses one that uses coolant. I have a 2004 600 and when i was running only a slip on (everything else stock) i set the screws to 2.5 turns. Once I got the Ivans kit, screws went to 4 turns. Difference is night & day with the Ivans kit. Just saying.
clevelandmanwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #5
arsenic
Katastical

eBay ID: arsenic1016

He's correct. However, ONLY go to 4 turns out with an Ivan's jet kit. With a stock set up, Factory Pro, or DynoJunk, go to 2.5 turns out. It's critical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandmanwhore View Post
For optimal off idle response and better a/f mix on most katanas the mixture screws should be set around 2.25-2.5 turns out for a completely stock bike or one with slip on exhaust. With Ivan's kit, 3.5 to 4 turns. Because the Katana is oil cooled, that mixture must be a little richer than a water cooled bike because it takes more to keep engine temps down on our bikes (our bikes get hotter faster) verses one that uses coolant. I have a 2004 600 and when i was running only a slip on (everything else stock) i set the screws to 2.5 turns. Once I got the Ivans kit, screws went to 4 turns. Difference is night & day with the Ivans kit. Just saying.
arsenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop