Clutch issue, Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch issue, Help!

Alright, a little background...
    I picked this pick up after some one droped it and let it sit for a while. The tank was rusted out (not all the way through, just a lot of surface rust) more of a time line thing than important info. I got a new tank, and I dont know for sure how long the bike has been sitting.
    I got it fired up, carbs seriously need to be clean but it runs. The clutch feels really tight, but seem to function with the engine off, i.e. put it in gear with clutch engage, cant move bike, pull clutch and bike rolls just fine. Now when i fired it up, and got it to idle, at 4k no less. I tried to put it into gear, of course had the clucth pulled in, and the bike dies imidiatly, everytime.

So i have no idea what to look for. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    Thanks
    Brian

first get the carbs cleaned please cause dropping it into grear at 4k it could and will loop you right off the back and lands on you but it could be a side satand switch of the neutral switch or the kick stand is down ???

Comment

sounds like the same thing that a few people have had problems with. do you have your kickstand down when you are putting it into gear? or even just a little bit down? that will make it automatically kill every time. otherwise, i am no mechanic and you would have to wait for someone else.

Comment

...oh, yeah, the bike didnt jump when i put it into gear, just died. Didnt know about the kick stand, Ill try that. After I get the carbs cleaned : )

Also, what rpm is the 600 supposed to idle at?

Thanks for the help.
        Brian

Comment

mine idles at just under 1grand
          Yo

Comment

idle is suppose to be like 1200

Comment

the dying in first gear prob i had this when i got mine not long ago i to this day dont no why it did that but (any kat lovers stop readin) i kicked it with me rigger boots a few times (as ya do!!) ripped out the clutch cable (in a rage) then bought a new one and set it up it worked ok after that
              i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Working...
              X