X

04 katana front end conversion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 katana front end conversion

I need some help with my 04 kat. My front end (forks+wheel) is toast. The brakes, triple tree, and axle are fine. I can't seem to find anybody on ebay or craigslist that has a pair of forks that will fit an 04 without breaking the bank. I was thinking about doing a gixxer front end conversion since i'm going streetfighter anyway. i'd rather have the inverted forks, and i can get a full front end w/ brakes, axle and all for a decent price. The real question is, will the triple tree stem fit the 04 katana headset easily or will i need to modify the headset bearings. I have seen pics of 03-05 bikes with gixxer usd forks but don't know what is required to make them fit. any suggestions? thanks

86-94 GSXR 750 front end fits, same steering head bearings.

Comment

Originally posted by vakatana09 View Post
      IThe real question is, will the triple tree stem fit the 04 katana headset easily or will i need to modify the headset bearings. I have seen pics of 03-05 bikes with gixxer usd forks but don't know what is required to make them fit. any suggestions? thanks
      Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
      swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
      Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

Taken from http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=88843 page two.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

It depends on which front end you get as to wether its a straight swap or not but tbh i wouldnt worry about it as its all dead easy to sort anyway

Buying a full front end is the simpliest solution either that or if you just buy forks & yokes you will need to know that your wheel & brakes etc will fit & line up correctly
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
          Buying a full front end is the simpliest solution either that or if you just buy forks & yokes you will need to know that your wheel & brakes etc will fit & line up correctly

Comment

Working...
          X