Vs. Kawasaki ZX-14 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
    Que?

I think you said that the Kawi seats suck. However, you obviously have never sat on a ZX-14 seat then because the stock one is VERY comfortable.
    Speaking Spanish now are we? Don't let the Jose Cuervo go to your head, buddy, you're still in MI.

I'd imagine the ZX14 is pretty comfortable. Gotta give you a good soft place to sit, since the insurance is leaving your a$s so sore.......
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
      Speaking Spanish now are we? Don't let the Jose Cuervo go to your head, buddy, you're still in MI.

I'd imagine the ZX14 is pretty comfortable. Gotta give you a good soft place to sit, since the insurance is leaving your a$s so sore.......
      Actually, the insurance isn't bad at all, only $200 year more than my Kat.
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
        I'll be adding as I think of more...

Insurance.

20th century technology vs 21st century tech.

Perimeter frame vs monocoup frame.

Low budget suspension vs modern suspenders.

License vs no license.

that's monocoque frame

But as far as a comparo to a Katana... a ZX-14 is a bike that can tip-toe around town if you want it to, and rip your head off on the open road if you so desire...

Take your pick... But to some it's still a Kawi, and they'll bash it just for that...

Do they make them in Lime Green?

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post

Do they make them in Lime Green?
          They don't come in green on the showroom floor, however, Kawi sells the green plastics for the bike to convert under their Custom Paint options on the Kawasaki site.
          2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

I love my ZX-14. I've had it since February of 07. After a few months of ownership, I realized I was riding my 06 Kat 750 only out of obligation. "I guess I'll take the Kat today. I haven't ridden it in awhile" The ZX was just too much fun to ride. I finally faced the facts and sold the Kat.

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
            Nero and Zepp own one.
            That should be warning enough.
            Keep the Kat.
            Yeah, or you can get a 'busa and ride wearing ridiculous, black hot pants and be like some people we know.

Originally posted by chinto View Post
            Katana:

ZX14:

Originally posted by katman05 View Post

I really like the color of Zepp's.
            Zepp's a copycat! He bought the blue cause I have one, dammit! Arrgghh! Zepp should have consulted with me!!!!

Exhibit A: My ZX-14 which I have owned since February of 2007.

I guess what they say is true: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :mrgreen:
            Last edited by Nero; 09-19-2008, 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Love the bikes, I just don't care for the headlights. Way too many bulbs in the front!

Comment

Yeah, I think Kawi was trying to further differentiate from the 'Busa with that particular styling feature. With the fact that they were going for the same basic goals, I guess Kawi was trying to avoid being accused of ripping Suzuki off.

Personally, I didn't like it either when I was looking to buy the bike, but I was willing to overlook that for what it offers in other areas. It grew on me though.

Not to be outdone, Suzuki decided to make the tail of the new 'busa look like sh*t. I guess the competition continues.
                Last edited by Nero; 09-19-2008, 09:19 AM.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Looks aside, you really can't beat the big ZX or the 'busa for high mile munching. Comfy, quick, and smooth. Like a nice cognac. (sheesh it's still morning and I'm talkin' booze).

Comment

Originally posted by jcv400ex View Post
                    Love the bikes, I just don't care for the headlights. Way too many bulbs in the front!
                    See, I love the headlights, the front of the bike looks awesome.

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                    Zepp's a copycat! He bought the blue cause I have one, dammit! Arrgghh! Zepp should have consulted with me!!!!

I guess what they say is true: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :mrgreen:
                    I bought Blue because it looks so sweet and it's the fastest color

I couldn't let you have all the fun alone, I had to buy one too I'm glad I did

I ride mine more than you too
                    Last edited by Zepp; 09-19-2008, 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Aesthetics aside, the four projector beams up front are super-bright. I went with HIDs shortly after I bought the bike and the few times I've done night rides in a group, everyone has wanted me to ride up-front.

-Like they had a choice.
                      =USAF= Retired

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                        that's monocoque frame

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Woke up this morning and sign onto this tread....

OMG chinto, that was fabulous. I almost fell off the couch.
                          Took me couple minutes to re-compose myself from falling off the chair due to laughing too hard!!!
                          sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Originally posted by GSXF View Post

Took me couple minutes to re-compose myself from falling off the chair due to laughing too hard!!!
                            That's why we keep Chinto around.
                            =USAF= Retired

Comment

btw Nero, what do you do for a living??? Why all those crazy Avators? lol !!!
                              sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

dude changes avatars like we change under ware, except i have been playing with them today myself lol....I think i found the one I will stick with, now does every one understand where the namer whitecl0ver came from

any way ZX14 and Katana.....no camparo

Chinto's visual comparison was dead on.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X