Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Installing a HEL two line setup on the KAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a HEL two line setup on the KAT?

Got the lines from a KR member.

Going to throw 'em on this evening...and I seem to remember something about not to line up the two ends at the master cylinder when installing the banjo bolt? Chime in guys...

Nope. You need to make sure the one that has slight bend to it is the one that goes to the left caliper as you are sitting on the bike. The slight bend is for clearance to to put the two at the M/C. It goes like this banjo bolt, crush washer, line with slight bend to it which will kick out the the left, then crush washer,then the other line that is straight then crush washer. After that screw it into the M/C and you are good to go.
    Last edited by HS2020; 03-23-2008, 10:08 PM.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

i presume, to prevent the hoses from contacting each other, thereby interfering with the mating of the banjo hardware and crush washers. you want to offset the hoses slightly like below (sorry about the HUGE pic):

1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Alright...installed as shown. Speedbleeders where already installed. Got the system bled.

How much pull do you guys have on the brake lever? In other words how far can you pull the lever?

Comment

I only use my middle finger to pull mine. I have mine set on 1. So it does not come in a lot at all. Never measured it. I do know that if I grab a handful I am going over the bars.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
            I only use my middle finger to pull mine. I have mine set on 1. So it does not come in a lot at all. Never measured it. I do know that if I grab a handful I am going over the bars.
            That's about where mine are..
            I'll mention though I had a bear of a time bleeding the brakes.
            I finally had to crack the fittings at the master cylinder because I just couldn't get the bubble out.

Comment

You may want to overnight pull the brake lever in and tie it back as if you are putting the brake on. Then remove the M/C cover and let it sit over night. This will force any air left over out and you will be very shocked at how the brakes feel then. That is a trick someone on here told me to do.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Bleeding brakes is a breeze....

That is, if you're pumping the levers and kicking back a diet Dr. Pepper while someone else is doing all of the work
                This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
                  Bleeding brakes is a breeze....

That is, if you're pumping the levers and kicking back a diet Dr. Pepper while someone else is doing all of the work

I have to try that one..

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
                    You may want to overnight pull the brake lever in and tie it back as if you are putting the brake on. Then remove the M/C cover and let it sit over night. This will force any air left over out and you will be very shocked at how the brakes feel then. That is a trick someone on here told me to do.

didn't have time to mess with it last night, had practice to coach. So this morning before I left for work, I popped the M/C cover off and tie wrapped the brake lever back.

I'll check it when I get home. If it still has alot of travel, I'm going to borrow my buddy's vacuum pump and see if that helps.

The master cylinder is NOT the original. It's from a 2006 Kat that I got some parts from when I did the first exhaust swap, so I would think that the master cylinder would be good to go. If the lever trick / vacuum pump doesn't do it, I'll figure something out.

Comment

Working...
                    X