Kevlar jeans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevlar jeans

So Katana bob posted this.

I have looked at Draggin' jeans, Icon etc..
    But has anyone ever tried anything like them?
    I really like the idea, Jeans that you can wear regularly and have more protection than regular jeans. For example if I had 4 pairs of them I would wear them every day. They would be cooler than chaps yada yada.
    But holy Joe 95 and up. I'm a clearance old navy kinda guy.. I can't spend 500 for a set of pants. (Shocking as I know there are people out there who wouldn't flinch at spending $300 on a pair of jeans) So the question is does anyone have them. Were they worth it? I'm in negotiations with my wife about adding Kevlar panels to existing jeans..

I have pair of Shift Racing Kevlar jeans I got from motorcyclecloseouts for 59 bucks. I love em!

Here is the thread http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...ighlight=jeans

I hope it helps.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Now that more like it.. In fact they are now at $49..
      However shift does not list the inseam. I wear a 32/34.
      I have found that they run short in the 32 waist..

Comment

My fear with relying on products like Draggin Jeans or Gusset Jeans is how long will they last? Every time you wash them you are breaking down the Kevlar. Plus you can't rely on the Kevlar alone to protect you. If the jeans do not hold up the Kevlar can shift and expose you to the road.

I looked into picking up Kevlar to sew into my own jeans. The problem that i had at the time is that I could not find the specific type of Kevlar that is used for anti-abrasion. I wonder if you could save money and use a good heavy weight ballistic nylon. Kevlar has much better abrasion resistance, but realistically on the street how far will you slide before you hit a pole, guard rail curb etc.

Comment

I agree. My jeans tend to shift whenever I take a spill, either rotating or sliding up my leg, exposing skin. Perhaps adding some kind of strap to hold it to the boots?
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

I have considered Kevlar jeans- last summer my son chose to ride in Kevlar rock-climbing pants, which he supplemented with MX knee/shin armor. I think that is a pretty good setup, but I still ride in my riding pants with CE armor at knees, hips and pad at butt.
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

BP, I'd look at the Bohn Underarmor Adventure Pants instead:

I have the Adventure pants and they're great. Non binding but very secure under jeans. Rode them for a week and a half to The Gap and wasn't uncomfortable at all.

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
              sigpic

Comment

Don't try tempting me to the dark side there Hot Sensual Chocolate!!!

Actually what I want is something that doesn't require me to change once I'm at work (or whatever). Other wise I'm happy with my leather pants or chaps..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  Don't try tempting me to the dark side there Hot Sensual Chocolate!!!

Actually what I want is something that doesn't require me to change once I'm at work (or whatever). Other wise I'm happy with my leather pants or chaps..

Exit Only, Brother. Exit Only.

Actually, I never take them off all day. (The mesh ones are REALLY comfortable) Jeans and other pants slip right over them. Way better protection than the Kevlar and I can wear them with any pants in the closet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                    I agree. My jeans tend to shift whenever I take a spill, either rotating or sliding up my leg, exposing skin. Perhaps adding some kind of strap to hold it to the boots?
                    I have the same problem. But I just use a safety pin to pin the bottom of my pants to the shoe laces of my boot.

Comment

Working...
                    X