X

Question for you 750 riders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you 750 riders

I just installed the upper triple tree from a 750 onto my 600 and I have a question. Are you supposed to see movement of the forks at the top? It is tightened and not moving at the black portion, but the upper portion which is silver has back and forth movement when I move the handlebars back and forth. I noticed the silver and black portions were bolted together with what looked like rubber spacers. Is that what is allowing the movement? Just curious.

Another question I have. Is the lock cylinder held in with bolts or is it some kind of press in/on nut? It looked like it used to be a small bolt head (reverse torx), but someone rounded off all the points. My 600 lock cylinder is held in with two allen bolts. If I don't like the 750 triple tree, I am looking to move the lock cylinder from the 750 upper to my 600 upper.

Also, anyone happen to have an extra upper brake line just laying around?

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Movement is normal.

I have an '02 750 and the movement you are describing is normal. The rubber spacers used on the 750 are for vibration damping and considered an upgraded feature on the 750 vs. the 600. My wife rides an '03 600 Kat and I can feel the difference in vibration between the two. I suspect that feature was added to the 750 also because it seems to vibrate a bit more than the 600. When I first bought my bike, the upper section of the tree loosened a bit and would flex enough to allow contact with the top of the fork. The vibration could really be felt in the handlebars during that quick moment of contact. My dealer tightened the upper section down and readjusted the rubber spacer under it. No problems since then but I was told some flex is normal.

Can't help you on the lock cylinder or brake line issue. Haven't had to mess with mine.
    Hope this helps.

Ryan

Comment

Can't help with the tripple issue but it looks like "smokinthunder" has your answer on that one. The lock set is held in with a one use or press on nut. Most people just drill it out when they need to change the lock set. Suzuki does make a special tool for removing it but I have no idea of what it costs.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

The nuts on the bottom are pressed on. I had a new ignition put on my bike. When they put the new one in for me they just used nuts with lock washers. It makes it easier if you ever have to change it out.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I would think that Zuki would mount lock cylinders with bolts so they are a little easier to change out when they go bad.

I have not had a chance to ride it with the new upper on it. I broke the bolt that clamps the clutch lever to the clip on. #-o
          Guess I will have to drill that out and get a new bolt in there now.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
          X