No announcement yet.
X

mpg?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get something like 170-180 miles until reserve, but I'm not riding it very very hard.
    But good set up and regular servicing does miracles.

Comment

I've been tracking the mpg of my bike on Fuelly. After almost 10k miles she averages on 37.5mpg, varying between 27.5 and 48mpg (depending on how I feel like driving :mrgreen: ).
      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
        Thanks! I know it's easy to search for, but I wanted the place you bought it from. I have other stuff to order from BB so will add this to the list. Thanks!
        Dangit! Just ordered a new OEM from BB since I was getting several other things. Peeked around, didnt see they had these. Oh well...next time!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I normally average 53 - 58 mpg (UK gallon) which is 44 - 48 mpg (US gallon).

It's a '98 750.

Comment

I have no idea what my MPG is and I couldn't care less!
            Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

What kind of set up could improve your mpg? What are the downsides?

Comment

I regularly get 60+ mpg (uk) on my 750 on my commute, my old route to work used to return 45mpg but swapped routes recently with less than half the number of junctions but I have a little further to travel to travel now.

Comment

About 40 mpg on my last full tank..about 200miles and I had to put a whole 3.5 Ga in it! LOL

This weekend's refil; 3.5 ga, 150mi = 43mpg
                  Last edited by Circuitmage; 09-23-2013, 08:23 AM. Reason: More data.
                  Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
                  Ride: 2002 750F Kat
                  "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

What about a drive sprocket or wheel sproket change out, or what about both? If you increase your gear ratio you will loose some get up and go, but your cruising speed won't be a such a high rpm. You may also get a higher top speed but will take longer to reach with a higher ratio.

Gear ratio, tire size, weight, and most of all wind resistance all things to look for when thinking of MPG. In my opinion.

Comment

0~33 i get about 40 mpg
                      28~69 flat i get 52 mpg
                      69~79 flat i get 45 mpg
                      80 up i get 29,
                      60mph in 6th i am running 5200rpm
                      i have plenty of carb mods, just about everything from lighter springs to balancer tube drilled emulsion tubes, 120 main jets, 40 pilots, misture screws turned out until it sputters and the val sync tubes coming off 1~4 gointo a t then 2~3 go into a 4way and the t from1~4 goes into it and the other end goes up the the handle bars so i can lean it out for going into the mountains, i keep the oil lever nearly at the full mark, with the 1100 oil cooler on a 600 engine, if it's flat out and im on the highway, not leading i can see as high as 58 in 6th at 4600 with a backpack, you know just after it stops vibrating, i have mik 38's on it with a 160/60 rear and bt023's front and back typically 29 and 33, i am pretty sure i will break the 6 figures by the end of october.

Comment

Originally posted by Icepaws View Post
                        0~33 i get about 40 mpg
                        28~69 flat i get 52 mpg
                        69~79 flat i get 45 mpg
                        80 up i get 29,
                        60mph in 6th i am running 5200rpm
                        i have plenty of carb mods, just about everything from lighter springs to balancer tube drilled emulsion tubes, 120 main jets, 40 pilots, misture screws turned out until it sputters and the val sync tubes coming off 1~4 gointo a t then 2~3 go into a 4way and the t from1~4 goes into it and the other end goes up the the handle bars so i can lean it out for going into the mountains, i keep the oil lever nearly at the full mark, with the 1100 oil cooler on a 600 engine, if it's flat out and im on the highway, not leading i can see as high as 58 in 6th at 4600 with a backpack, you know just after it stops vibrating, i have mik 38's on it with a 160/60 rear and bt023's front and back typically 29 and 33, i am pretty sure i will break the 6 figures by the end of october.
                        What we have here is a carburetor related epic fail.

Comment

so far on my gsx750f

184 and I hit reserve.4k per gear.dont need to thrash I have a kwak zx9r.

Comment

Before I tore down carbs, cleaned, and put proper jets in them, I was averaging about 30mpg with 34 being the absolute best, and 27 being the worst (was also when the K&N pods were on it).

Today I filled again and it is now 45mpg. But I already knew that it was improved, just because I didn't have the worry of needing to fill up on my way home on my last day of work, which is when I always have to kick the reserve on.

Amazing what a couple pieces of brass, a proper cleaning, and just a little TLC can do.

Comment

Working...
                            X