classic "sportbikes"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Bike...
    81 GS(X)750L

It was wicked quick! and handled very well for an old bike. I replaced the suspension on it and it hugged the road very well! It kept up with my buddy's brand new FZ6's no problem. 0-60 was quicker then those high revving Yamaha 600's too! Could beat em off till about 100mph than they would catch me.
    Miss that bike, I sold it a bit after I acquired my B-12

Put 30K miles on it no major issues at all! Also was wicked comfortable to ride daily.
    Jedz123...

1991 Katana GSX600F (WINTER PROJECT)
    1998 Bandit GSF1200S Daily rider

Comment

My 86 Fazer

John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

A buddy of mine in Washington had one of those. Liked the looks but I never really liked how it made power.

Of course I was spoiled with my Interceptor...
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          A buddy of mine in Washington had one of those. Liked the looks but I never really liked how it made power.

Of course I was spoiled with my Interceptor...
          Depending on how long ago he had it in WA, this may be the same bike. It had a WA plate on it still when I bought it in Phoenix AZ from a guy that had recently moved from Los Angeles. I bought it in Nov.'08. I know what you mean about the power. The stock airbox and exhaust really chokes off the performance. Adding K&N pods with built in velocity stacks, a good 4-1 exhaust and jetting unlock 10-15hp or more. A swap to a FZR750 intake cam adds a bit more rev capability too. I've kept mine stock due to the smallish fuel tank (3.4 gallons total including the .8gal reserve). I get about 50mpg stock good for 119-135 miles per tank, with the mods mpg usually drops closer to 35mpg, so it would be hard to take on any long road trips.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

Probably not the same bike. I left Washington back in '92. No idea what happened to either the bike or the guy since. (Can't even remember his name now. It's been a while.)
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X