X

Widowmaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
    Yeah, I liked that green bike also, but she looked top heavy for some reason, can't quite peg it though...
    Ya.. I doubt it's all 'factory original equipment' but very nice none the less....
    Last edited by GSXFJim; 08-12-2011, 09:22 AM.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

wonder how she rides...

the bike that is...
      1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
      2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
      1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

It was the TLS not the TLR that was called widow-maker, even though the rep carried over, unfortunately for Suzuki. Some people claimed the TLS's had a problem with serious tank slappers and headshake if you cranked the throttle hard on less than smooth pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by thenastiestnate View Post
          It was the TLS not the TLR that was called widow-maker, even though the rep carried over, unfortunately for Suzuki. Some people claimed the TLS's had a problem with serious tank slappers and headshake if you cranked the throttle hard on less than smooth pavement.
          They did. Rotary rear damper ftl.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            They did. Rotary rear damper ftl.
            I've only heard that from the magazine testers. Owners I've known say it was fine. I guess I wouldn't "crack" the throttle open on big v-twin like the TLS...even my little R6 protests with a little headshake if I do that.

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
              I've only heard that from the magazine testers. Owners I've known say it was fine. I guess I wouldn't "crack" the throttle open on big v-twin like the TLS...even my little R6 protests with a little headshake if I do that.
              True. I ran into one at a dealership, push down on the seat slowly and the shock compresses. Push down hard and it locks up.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

my CBR 1kRR has trouble standing up off the line lol (stretched 8") but at 80+mph if i just sit straight up in the saddle, the bike starts raising up. if i then crack the throttle a tiny bit, she stands right up on her hind legs and runs like a drug dealer from the cops
                1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
                2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
                1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

Originally posted by kat600rdr View Post
                  Pretty cool bike.

***Also the LT500 Quadzilla (4 wheeler) was called the widowmaker***
                  Those were the fastest quads ever made in stock form in a straight line, but quickly got outclassed once people started modifying Honda 250R's and Banshees. In the dunes I used to eat the QZ's for breakfast (unless they were running on alcohol) with my CT ported 265cc '88 250R.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                    ^^^ This. This thing right here. Posters of Barry Sheene hugging corners on this monster adorned my garage walls.
                    Mostly wrong, always learning.

Comment

Before this bike was sold to it's current owner. A guy a used to ride with at a local bike night owned it. He regrets selling it every day.
                      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

I would give vital parts of my anatomy for an RG500.

And lose the rest when I dig it in a corner.

Looking back at those posters, I still can't believe they were running 110s and 120s. Then again, my first Suzi GS550ES had a 100/120 combo on it and I have yet to find another bike as agile as that thing. Even if it did weigh a metric ****-ton.
                        Mostly wrong, always learning.

Comment

The real deal..

A naked TZ750

The texas madman on the RG500... I miss the 500cc GP bikes..
                          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

My last 2 stroke i need / WILL BUY is a 1989 honda nsr 250 FI. The last of the real bad boy GP machines .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thenastiestnate View Post
                              It was the TLS not the TLR that was called widow-maker.
                              Which was what I mentioned in post #2, although it seems it wasnt what the OP was referring to.
                              Last edited by cintidude04; 08-13-2011, 02:40 AM.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
                                I miss the 500cc GP bikes..
                                Me too. So raw. The sliding. The wheelies.

Comment

Working...
                                X