X

My 1st Ltr bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    That is for the stock tires which I doubt are still on the bike. You need to go by the MFR's rec. for the set of tires that are on there now.

The zx14 is a great bike, but it's a big Katana.

A big kat with 3x the horsepower and a nice, wider seat )) plus better looks, and almost the same highway gas milage.
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
      A big kat with 3x the horsepower and a nice, wider seat )) plus better looks, and almost the same highway gas milage.
      Yes, and still heavy as all hell

Will def be my next ride once I add the ZX10 to the stable. Not ready to give up on sport bikes just yet.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Mwahahaha, on the mileage bit. My kat regularly got 50+MPG, the 14, from the people I've talked to, is closer to mid 30s. Sitting on the 14s is like stradling a large horse, when you get off, you're going to be a little more bow legged than when you get on. Oh, and they are capable of eating tires at about three times the rate of the Kat.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
          Mwahahaha, on the mileage bit. My kat regularly got 50+MPG, the 14, from the people I've talked to, is closer to mid 30s. Sitting on the 14s is like stradling a large horse, when you get off, you're going to be a little more bow legged than when you get on. Oh, and they are capable of eating tires at about three times the rate of the Kat.
          my kat NEVER go 50mpg. bout mid 40's. like i said, highway milage. my zx14 basically IDLES at freeway speeds. getting about 42 mpg. my kat is jetted and piped which decreases the mpg. they are also ALOT more fun than the kat. I love my kat to death but its not going to be getting a lot of road time this year. unless my brothers wanna take it out for a spin or two

Yes, and still heavy as all hell

Will def be my next ride once I add the ZX10 to the stable. Not ready to give up on sport bikes just yet.
          I saw the new zx10 at my local dealer. in my opinion, it is the ugliest newer sportbike ever made. the front end is just weird looking. i heard it is funn and fast as hell tho which means i may have to end up taking one for a spin
          Last edited by STULER; 04-26-2011, 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
          Current Bikes:

Comment

my kat NEVER go 50mpg. bout mid 40's. like i said, highway milage. my zx14 basically IDLES at freeway speeds. getting about 42 mpg. my kat is jetted and piped which decreases the mpg. they are also ALOT more fun than the kat. I love my kat to death but its not going to be getting a lot of road time this year. unless my brothers wanna take it out for a spin or two
            Yup, my kat is stock, and I saw a high of 60, but most of the time it was a tick over 50MPG. My Connie14, which is geared taller than the ZX, usually sees, at best, 41, and that's if I'm very conservative on the throttle, fuel stop to fuel stop, and close to the speed limit.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

That is for the stock tires which I doubt are still on the bike. You need to go by the MFR's rec. for the set of tires that are on there now.
              Thanks, Qualifiers are on it now. I will check the MFR's rec.
              http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

got a buddy getting 49.5 mpg on his 05 busa.....throttle control plays a big part of those mpgs....
                Godspeed
                CSBA #1167
                Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

I get 50mpg consistently out of my Kat600 or 86 Fazer 700 solo or 2up as long as I am just cruising, 45mpg on my GSX-R750 just cruising. A friends 00 ZX-12R averaged around 35mpg when just cruising.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

im 5'9" and can flatfoot the zx. like i said, it can be so customized its the overall perfect bike imho. if i were you id go to a kawi dealer and sit on one. get a feeling for it.
                    The nearest dealer who might have one is maybe an hour and a bit away.... a good reason for a ride.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                      I get 50mpg consistently out of my Kat600 or 86 Fazer 700 solo or 2up as long as I am just cruising, 45mpg on my GSX-R750 just cruising. A friends 00 ZX-12R averaged around 35mpg when just cruising.
                      My '11 Concours has two power modes, one is regular and the other is called "ECO". Eco is a leaner fuel map that gives better mpg. Responding to complaints of not enough driving range, rather than make the tank bigger, Kawasaki added this mode that can be turned on/off at any time.
                      Using this, I have so far gotten a high of 52mpg! And, that is with a bit of a breeze, I bet I could eek out some more mpg on a still day.
                      That is almost as good as my old GS550E which would get in the 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                        The nearest dealer who might have one is maybe an hour and a bit away.... a good reason for a ride.
                        Damn Right!!!
                        Current Bikes:

Comment

The zx14 is a great bike, but it's a big Katana.
                          That's right, and my azz don't feel like I got raped by an elephant after 4 hours on the bike.
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                            That's right, and my azz don't feel like I got raped by an elephant after 4 hours on the bike.
                            +1 zx14's rule!!!! im not ever selling mine, except to get another newer 14 ))
                            Current Bikes:

Comment

So far I'm loving this bike but there are two things that are annoying me:

1- the shift indicator light comes on to early ( at around 7k RPM) for my riding taste
                              2- the frame gets hot as hell
                              http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

No offense but screw a cow, busa all day heh

Comment

Working...
                                X