X

Ducati 999???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducati 999???

Anyone have experience on a Ducati 999 or 748???? the newer ones with the up and down headlights? Im thinking about getting one of those in place on my zx14...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

It would look sick, but you're looking at wiring it and a new fairing i would think

Comment

Originally posted by stephen_gsx750f View Post
      It would look sick, but you're looking at wiring it and a new fairing i would think
      huh?
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:

Comment

I think Stuler is talking about getting the whole bike, not just the headlight
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by yngveny View Post
          I think Stuler is talking about getting the whole bike, not just the headlight

lol correct. hhaha i was like wtf is this guy talking about.. lol
          Current Bikes:

Comment

lol. i have a buddy with a 900 monster. this awsome, but Duc's maintenance intervals suck..
            03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
            04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
            08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
            10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
            05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Yuck, unless it's a 1098 Ducati dont even waste your time or money.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

its abike ive always wanted. ive heard that the maintenence sucks on ducatis and is really expensive
                Current Bikes:

Comment

I love the new 848 but for the costs up upkeep I will not get a duc. Though they were running a deal for first three years maintenance included if you bought new. I might go for that then sell before the 3 years was up to get something else...That way one woudl get their duc fix but not have the hassles of maint as much...
                  I am a Penn State fanatic.
                  Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

He's not on here anymore but here's Dave's (Range) FB post on his 999

"Just back from my first little rip on the Ducati...first impressions> GAWD this thing is sneeky fast...before I knew it, doing 180KPH in third gear, and still pulling! More comfortable then I thought, but I could see wrist fatigue being an issue. The bike is so slender, but gets pushed around in the wind quite a bit, really need to crouch. Might as well rip the mirrors off, they are the most useless thing ever attached to a motorcycle. can't wait for it to warm up and the roads to get cleaned so I can see how this thing carves corners. 9/10 on the giggle factor (still a little scary)"
                    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                      Might as well rip the mirrors off, they are the most useless thing ever attached to a motorcycle.
                      Tell him I said Junior is the most useless thing ever attached to a motorcycle..

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                        He's not on here anymore but here's Dave's (Range) FB post on his 999

"Just back from my first little rip on the Ducati...first impressions> GAWD this thing is sneeky fast...before I knew it, doing 180KPH in third gear, and still pulling! More comfortable then I thought, but I could see wrist fatigue being an issue. The bike is so slender, but gets pushed around in the wind quite a bit, really need to crouch. Might as well rip the mirrors off, they are the most useless thing ever attached to a motorcycle. can't wait for it to warm up and the roads to get cleaned so I can see how this thing carves corners. 9/10 on the giggle factor (still a little scary)"
                        that review actually did help. thanks :
                        Current Bikes:

Comment

After taking the new bike for a ride today, I would say look at the aprilia's. They are italian made like the ducks but from what I have been told, the maintenance is not as big of an issue. Also heard of less motor problems on them than ducati's. The V-twin does pull hard and its hard to ride slower than 25 mph, unless your in first gear. So the post about the ducati was correct. Very fast and strong through all the gears. I don't know about the new RSV4's as they are actual V4 engines and not the v twins as the older ones are. I think up until 08. Not sure but it was around there they switched. Plus, you dont see many around.

Comment

Originally posted by humphryeba View Post
                            After taking the new bike for a ride today, I would say look at the aprilia's. They are italian made like the ducks but from what I have been told, the maintenance is not as big of an issue. Also heard of less motor problems on them than ducati's. The V-twin does pull hard and its hard to ride slower than 25 mph, unless your in first gear. So the post about the ducati was correct. Very fast and strong through all the gears. I don't know about the new RSV4's as they are actual V4 engines and not the v twins as the older ones are. I think up until 08. Not sure but it was around there they switched. Plus, you dont see many around.
                            No offense at all but if i wanted an aprilia i woulda been lookin a long time ago. not a fan of em
                            Current Bikes:

Comment

Your maintenence skills will improve...
                              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                              X