X

Good day eh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day eh

This is a short intro I just bought a 94 GSX 750F it has been years since I last rode . I injured my spine and when I ride for more then 20 minutes I fall off the bike no feeling in the right leg looks dumb at a set of lights ! My daughter had me try her ZX6 went for about a half hour ride and it felt good with no pain so thought it might be the bike causing the pain took the KLR out and in 10 minutes pain the riding position rolls my hips forward and the spine hates it . The Kat was up for sale real cheap needs a little work but should work just need help with parts and knowledge ,like common problems . So if I ask a lot of questions you know why . My name Meteor comes from my car a 1953 Meteor Customline Club Coupe . Thanks for letting me be here !

Originally posted by meteor View Post
    This is a short intro I just bought a 94 GSX 750F it has been years since I last rode . I injured my spine and when I ride for more then 20 minutes I fall off the bike no feeling in the right leg looks dumb at a set of lights ! My daughter had me try her ZX6 went for about a half hour ride and it felt good with no pain so thought it might be the bike causing the pain took the KLR out and in 10 minutes pain the riding position rolls my hips forward and the spine hates it . The Kat was up for sale real cheap needs a little work but should work just need help with parts and knowledge ,like common problems . So if I ask a lot of questions you know why . My name Meteor comes from my car a 1953 Meteor Customline Club Coupe . Thanks for letting me be here !
    Welcome.

So with your situation, a suspension and seat upgrade should make this bike very comfortable for you.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome. The suspension rebuilds/upgrades really smooth out the ride, highly suggest it for the spine issues.
      Couple options for the shock - get a post (98+) 750 or an 1100 Kat shock, and A) get it rebuild, b) resprung correct for your weight c) revalved.
      Get shock off a bandit 1200, then same treatment as above (raises the rear end ~1.5" - Krey, what's that do for leg positioning?)
      R6 shock (certain years only) and same treatment. Lower the rear of the bike a bit

New springs and race tech valve emulators up front smooth things out nicely. + After fork/shock work, the bike handles much much better.

Corbin seats make my bikes way more comfy. Might be worth trying to sit on one first if hip positioning can be an issue.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
      X