X

another ? about removing ignition..a little different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another ? about removing ignition..a little different

alright so i've got the security torx bolts out..but the connector goes under the gas tank further than I can reach..do I have to take the fairings & gas tank off? every guide i read says "unclip the connector" like its nothing..am I missing something? the biggest issue is since I lost the key I cant get under the seat to remove the fairings easily..thanks in advance
    2000 SUZUKI KATANA 750

It's under the tank.. and you would need to get under it to disconnect it easily.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

When my seat lock became inoperable, I was able to bend the seat in the middle just enough to clear the front lip where it's slips under the mount by the gas tank.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

just wanted to update things..i was able to bend the fairing enough on the right side to SEE the clip..it was tough but after fighting the plastic tie that holds the clip to the frame for 5min I was able to pull the connector out enough to easily disconnect it..so..its tough but you dont have to remove the tank to disconnect the clip
        2000 SUZUKI KATANA 750

Comment

Originally posted by rowe750 View Post
          just wanted to update things..i was able to bend the fairing enough on the right side to SEE the clip..it was tough but after fighting the plastic tie that holds the clip to the frame for 5min I was able to pull the connector out enough to easily disconnect it..so..its tough but you dont have to remove the tank to disconnect the clip
          I did specify "to do it easily"....

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

oh yeah it definately wasnt easy and if my hands were ANY bigger i couldn't have done it
            2000 SUZUKI KATANA 750

Comment

I had the same thing. I took my triple tree off and put it on a vise and drilled those puppies rate out then re (bolted) the new igntion in. The old igntion just un clips from the wire harness, rate by the coils for me.
              sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

Working...
              X