No announcement yet.
X

Helmet of the Year: GMX GMax GM68S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats pretty cheap i wonder how safe it is? or is it just for the looks?

Comment

I just tried one on this past weekend, my thoughts are this.. It is lighter than my HJC cl14, alot of vents, the fit reminds me of Shark helmets leaving alot of neck exposed, ratchet for the visor was tight to open and close, so driving at 60 with the visor cracked open wouldn't be a problem, paint and graphics seemed very good. The chin skirt is vented so it should allow some air flow in hot weather along with the gazillion vents. LED lights are cool but you'll need to set the blinking pattern before you put it on. I'm in the market for a new lid so I might buy this one or a Scorpion EXO 700. I'll have to try the Scorpion first. This helmet gives you alot for the money so it's worth checking out.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

My gmax just slipped off the seat of my kat. The visor broke off, but no problem because they give you two visors right?

Wrong.

The tab on the visor broke, BUT the locking mechanisms on the helmet also broke off, rendering it useless unless I want an open faced helmet.

Now im calling around to find a new helmet so I can ride before it storms for the next 3-4 days.

I most likely will not be purchasing another one of these.

Comment

sucks that it fell, but don't discredit the entire helmet line because you had a drop it's a solid helmet with great features, especially nighttime visibility...check my review and as far as fit make sure you try it on yourself
          Sorry, I have balls.

Comment

The fact that it broke from a 2 foot fall worries me.

What happens when I hit the ground at 20-50mph?!?

Comment

Best investment one hopes they'll never need.
              What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

This helmet looks like a great deal for the money and I think Im going to get it in the crusade model but my question is does it only come with an extra smoked sheild or an extra platinum tint shield because everyone keeps saying that they got a smoked shield but this website says it comes with a tinted shield??http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp...&ProdID=391982

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                  The fact that it broke from a 2 foot fall worries me.

What happens when I hit the ground at 20-50mph?!?
                  That's a VERY valid point... It's enough to make me question whether I'll get one... Mixed with MeanStrk's comments, I'll probably pass on it (very happy with my Nolan models).

Please note that my posting of the vid exclaiming the helmet "helmet of the year" does not constitute my endorsement of the product.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If you're talking about the visor locking mechanism breaking from a 2' fall, I wouldnt say the helmet will not protect you in a crash. I bet you can drop any helmet, regardless of price or quality, from 2' onto the visor assembly, a significant number of them will fail. The visor assembly has some small plastic pieces in that wouldnt take much to break if a 3 lb helmet landed on it and caused it to tweak.

I wouldnt immediately judge a helmet based on the visor mechanism failing. If you had the visor open and it hit the visor upon impact, it doesnt surprise me that something broke in the mechanism. If the impact was not directly to the visor assembly, then Id be cautious about the quality of the helmet.

Comment

I don't think you guys are getting the picture here. I have well over 100K miles under my *** on a bike, numerous helmets used, and many bikes owned or currently own. For the money, I tried this helmet. I could not sell it fast enough. It have some nice features, but it REALLY IS a cheaply made helmet. The visor mechanism sucks,, the padding is decidedly cheap and minimal, and the helmet has a very cheap feel to it. For that same $100 bucks, you can get a Scorpion EXO 400 helmet that is heads and tails above this helmet in quality.

One other guy here decided to give one a try and he ended up slightly less than satisfied as well.
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
                        I don't think you guys are getting the picture here. I have well over 100K miles under my *** on a bike, .... other guy here decided to give one a try and he ended up slightly less than satisfied as well.
                        Dont get me wrong, I have no experience with this helmet nor am I saying it is a nice helmet. Im only saying I wouldnt right off ANY helmet just because the visor mechanism broke after a 2' fall. For all I know this helmet is a POS, but the visor mechanism breaking doesnt prove it is.

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk View Post
                          I don't think you guys are getting the picture here. I have well over 100K miles under my *** on a bike, numerous helmets used, and many bikes owned or currently own. For the money, I tried this helmet. I could not sell it fast enough. It have some nice features, but it REALLY IS a cheaply made helmet. The visor mechanism sucks,, the padding is decidedly cheap and minimal, and the helmet has a very cheap feel to it. For that same $100 bucks, you can get a Scorpion EXO 400 helmet that is heads and tails above this helmet in quality.

One other guy here decided to give one a try and he ended up slightly less than satisfied as well.
                          .....said the man whose buddy is a Scorpion rep

Comment

Originally posted by TarzanMan View Post
                            The question is how many helmets do you have crash-up before the manufacturer's rep becomes your buddy?

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hahaa

Comment

I have this helmet.

I bought this Gmax in matte silver/black (Crusader). I think it as nice as the HJC CL-15 Orbit it is replacing. It fits me well and I do recommend it. It is a great helmet for the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X