X

82 Kat 1100 Fuel Tanks Mods (pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 Kat 1100 Fuel Tanks Mods (pics)

Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM.

The first pic looks awesome.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
      The first pic looks awesome.
      Thats good since that's what mine will look like when it's painted. I'm also using the same gas cap base in that same color combo

Comment

Looks to be coming along well.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
          Looks to be coming along well.
          Funny thing is, it took me 3 times as long to rinse, degrease, and air out the tank than it did for me to cut out the old filler and weld in the new one.

Comment

Me likey.
            Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

As allways mint work Matthew, just curious.. is the tank single or double wall?

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                As allways mint work Matthew, just curious.. is the tank single or double wall?
                Single wall

Comment

I envy you.........man i wish i could weld. There are so many things I want done that I have to pay for
                  Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
                    I envy you.........man i wish i could weld. There are so many things I want done that I have to pay for
                    All I can say is, instead of spending your money on machine/welding shop rates, you could always put it into a tech school welding or machining course. I know it puts your projects further off, but in the long run you have the skills to do those things yourself giving you great satisfaction (and a fatter wallet).

I wouldn't do half the mods I do, if I had to pay someone else to do them.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                      All I can say is, instead of spending your money on machine/welding shop rates, you could always put it into a tech school welding or machining course. I know it puts your projects further off, but in the long run you have the skills to do those things yourself giving you great satisfaction (and a fatter wallet).

I wouldn't do half the mods I do, if I had to pay someone else to do them.
                      +1

Apart from that I feel a bit more confident knowing all is done well... (seen some worthless work by socalled professionals)

Comment

I tried to sign up for welding courses, completely filled
                        Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

You can blame Waltari for that...if it wasn't for his art work here no one would know to take any of those courses...

Seriously some really good work there...
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                            You can blame Waltari for that...if it wasn't for his art work here no one would know to take any of those courses...

Seriously some really good work there...
                            Thanks for the compliments everyone. I really like how it turned out, alot less of a nightmare than I thought it would be (though I still feel I got a bit lucky). Looks sealed but "JUST IN CASE" I have some of Seam sealer fro POR that I skim coated over all the work and once I do a final pressure test to check for leaks, it'll be onto trying out the new tank sealer Cyber is having me test out. Should make some progress this weekend if all goes well.

Comment

Working...
                            X