X
X

Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ok, thanks guys. I have a welder and i can weld ok. That part isn't really a problem for me. I'll see if my friend wants to convert the tail. I found a guy selling a 89 600 parts bike that i am going to go and take a look at this weekend. Maybe we can use it to do the swap.
    91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
    92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
    89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
    89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno View Post
      Oh ok, thanks guys. I have a welder and i can weld ok. That part isn't really a problem for me. I'll see if my friend wants to convert the tail. I found a guy selling a 89 600 parts bike that i am going to go and take a look at this weekend. Maybe we can use it to do the swap.
      I would suggest printing out a copy of the tail section micro fiche for a 600, if the bike is not all together, you can verify the parts needed for the swap are there. It will also show you how everything goes together, so you can plan your swap.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

As far as i know, the guy told it was a whole bike exept for the exhuast that he sold. If my friend decides to do it, i will let u know. Thanks for the help.
        91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
        92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
        89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
        89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Comment

Nice post! This is good information to have. I have wondered which would work on my kat. Thanks!

Comment

frame

as steves said, mine was done. i am running complete 750 bodywork on a 600 frame including the seat. youll need the 2 frames as there are many things that need to be swapped. also, the swindarm pivot bolt on the 750 is a larger diameter. there are several options here. use the 600 swinger and hardware or do as i did and reem out the 2 holes to accept the 750 bolt. the change over took about 3 hours total.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerzr2 View Post
              as steves said, mine was done. i am running complete 750 bodywork on a 600 frame including the seat. youll need the 2 frames as there are many things that need to be swapped. also, the swindarm pivot bolt on the 750 is a larger diameter. there are several options here. use the 600 swinger and hardware or do as i did and reem out the 2 holes to accept the 750 bolt. the change over took about 3 hours total.
              Odd... when doing my swingarm swap I used a 600 frame for mock up. The pivot bolt was the same for me between the 2... 90 600 vs a 93 750.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

bolt

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                Odd... when doing my swingarm swap I used a 600 frame for mock up. The pivot bolt was the same for me between the 2... 90 600 vs a 93 750.

Krey

part #'s, notice the difference.

90 600= 61211-19C00

93 750=
                61211-20C00

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

I've often thought about doing a tail swap on my Pre 750, but I think if I was going to go to the trouble of welding the rear subframe, I'd go all out and install an 03+ tail section.
                  My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

part #'s, notice the difference.

90 600= 61211-19C00

93 750= 61211-20C00

So we are talking a 1mil difference?... no wonder I didn't notice, as that really isn't much.

So much so that the bearings in the swingarms are exactly the same. So even swaping arms, you could just use the 3 sleaves and bolt that go with the bike with np, and not drill the hole.

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
                    I've often thought about doing a tail swap on my Pre 750, but I think if I was going to go to the trouble of welding the rear subframe, I'd go all out and install an 03+ tail section.
                    I'd love to see a mock up of how you would integrate the post tail with the pre front fairings...

Krey
                    Last edited by Kreylyn; 03-04-2009, 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

So we are talking a 1mil difference?... no wonder I didn't notice, as that really isn't much.

So much so that the bearings in the swingarms are exactly the same. So even swaping arms, you could just use the 3 sleaves and bolt that go with the bike with np, and not drill the hole.

I'd love to see a mock up of how you would integrate the post tail with the pre front fairings...

Krey
                      the thread diff is 1mm. the shoulder is larger. i went from 750 to 600 using 750 hardware. perhaps arsenic will jump in here with exact measurments, but trust me, the 750 bolt will not just slide into the 600 frame, and the bearings are differnet as well.

Comment

the thread diff is 1mm. the shoulder is larger. i went from 750 to 600 using 750 hardware. perhaps arsenic will jump in here with exact measurments, but trust me, the 750 bolt will not just slide into the 600 frame, and the bearings are differnet as well.
                        Bearing sizes for all 89-97 kats, in the swingarm are 22X29X30 confirmed part # 3043-001.

The sleaves the bolt are inserted through are different part numbers, so I'd bet that is where the difference is made up for the bolts also being of a different size. They must have different IDs.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

I've thought about it... It looks like you'd have to Macgyver the front 1/3 of the pre tail plastics with the post plastics. It would be a lot more work than it's worth for that tail section.
                          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

ok so im new to the kat scene but in two weeks im going to get my kat painted and i want to get a seat cowl for it but i cant find one any where its an 04 600 and i know theres alot more better questions out there so my bad but i hope some one can help thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MyzticMike View Post
                              ok so im new to the kat scene but in two weeks im going to get my kat painted and i want to get a seat cowl for it but i cant find one any where its an 04 600 and i know theres alot more better questions out there so my bad but i hope some one can help thanks!!!
                              Try ebay or google. This site has an agreement to only offer 1 brand of solo cowl for 98+ bikes, and the brand is temorarily unavailable.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Comment

anybody know where you can get the belly fairings for the post98 my bike fell over in my garage onto a cinder block and broke the back corner of the belly fairing off as well as the mounting tab on the main fairing on that side,or would it be easier to fiberglass the back side and epoxy the front sand it down again and paint it.I had just gotten done painting the bike.Paint hadn't even cured yet been sitting about a week when it fell over.aaarrrrg man this sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X