Home Made Fender Eliminator bracket.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Made Fender Eliminator bracket.

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I've had my Kat for about 10 months now and have been lurking these forums for a few Anyhow, I got tired of searching for a decently priced fender eliminator bracket, so I decided to make my own. I made it out of a 4 foot section of angle iron that I bought at home depot. cost for the angle iron was ~13 dollars and about 3 dollars in nuts, bolts and washers. I didnt really care how fancy it looked simply because most of it was not going to be seen, it'd be covered by the plate.

And without further ado, here is the bracket.

Do you have a mounting for the light? I think MIssouri requires the plate be lighted, and I want to make my own.

Comment

the turn signals have holes drilled for them, but the plate will be lit by the original light on the bike.

Comment

bump for the day crew

Comment

Making you're own is so much cheaper, and looks just as good as if you go on online and spend 10x that amount you spent including the time put into it.

Comment

now all I have to do is find the courage to cut the shovel off, lol

Comment

Shovelectomy on the cheap!

Wow Kek. Your metalwork is fantastic. I have pictures of what I did, and I took the fender off too (is yours a pre-98?) It was a pain! For my turn signals, I took the stock signals out of the housing and put it in the taillight...
              Attached Files
              Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

kelly, I like how you did that, thats pretty sweet. Also, my bike is a 2005 600.

Comment

Ahhhh....Gotcha. I hear the rear fender removal is a piece of cake on your '06 compared to my '90. If you can do as good a job on your license plate bracket as you will on the rear fender, it should look great!
                  Later
                  Kelly
                  Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Originally posted by Kek Vihar
                    The hardest part about cutting off the rear fender is just that..finding the courage to start cutting into a perfectly good bike just because ..once you get past that, its a piece a cake and only takes a couple minutes with a hacksaw or dremmel.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                      The hardest part about cutting off the rear fender is just that..finding the courage to start cutting into a perfectly good bike just because ..once you get past that, its a piece a cake and only takes a couple minutes with a hacksaw or dremmel.
                      I find drinking a 6 pack of brew before cutting really helps with the courage part.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                        Do you have a mounting for the light? I think MIssouri requires the plate be lighted, and I want to make my own.
                        Do you really? I live in St. Louis, MO and I don't have a light for my plate. The guy I bought it from chopped off the shovle and I guess the license plate light too. I guess I'll get pulled over sooner or later and find out.
                        Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                          Originally posted by WildKat
                          I find drinking a 6 pack of brew before cutting really helps with the courage part.
                          Doesnt do much for the cutting a straight line part though

Comment

bump for all those who dont read too far down these pages and...

Any more feedback guys?

Comment

Here is a link to the one I did. [http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...31&highlight=]

and here is a link to more pictures of the bracket. [http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...045&members=1]

Just to give you more ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X