X

Pre 98 GSX600F brake line specs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 GSX600F brake line specs

I am looking to raise the handlebars on my 1990 GSX600F, but will need a longer brake line to get this done.

In the process, I think I might just change them all out. Looking at custom braided lines for all 3 lines.

Does anyone know the exact specifications? Trying to avoid taking them off just to have a look.

My best GUESS for the top line is:
    FITTING ONE - BANJO - M10 / 3/8"
    FITTING ONE ANGLE - STRAIGHT
    FITTING TWO - BANJO - M10 / 3/8"
    FITTING 20 degrees
    SUPPORT ONE - NONE
    SUPPORT TWO - NONE
    LENGTH - TO BE DETERMINED BY THE HEIGHT OF HANDLEBARS

My best GUESS for the bottom 2 lines is:
    FITTING ONE - Swivel Male - M10 x 1.00
    FITTING ONE ANGLE - STRAIGHT
    FITTING TWO - BANJO - M10 / 3/8"
    FITTING 20 degrees
    SUPPORT ONE - NONE
    SUPPORT TWO - NONE
    LENGTH - ???

Exact fittings and lengths would be really helpful.
    1990 GSX600 F
    Just trying to get her to run smooth.

Did you go to HEL???

They will make you whatever length + ends you want. Very good quality. I bought a set for my 1100. Brakes + Clutch.

You could just measure your stock line length and add length for your risers and/or other mods.

This is the best option since your life depends on making a good decision here.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
      Did you go to HEL???

They will make you whatever length + ends you want. Very good quality. I bought a set for my 1100. Brakes + Clutch.

You could just measure your stock line length and add length for your risers and/or other mods.

This is the best option since your life depends on making a good decision here.
      That is exactly where I have ended up! I was hoping to order online, but wanted to know the specs before I order something that is non-returnable.
      1990 GSX600 F

Comment

I have an 1100 so I can't help you on the lengths or end configurations.

I think I emailed HEL before I ordered mine and they were very helpful. Why not contact them and tell them what you want to do. You'll just need to know the additional height you are adding to the bars.

Then tell them you want a custom kit based off of the stock 600 lines PLUS your added riser height. They have the stock lengths there...

Right? or am I missing something? Yeah not cheap or returnable...but I think if you contact them you'll feel better about it and avoid confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
          I have an 1100 so I can't help you on the lengths or end configurations.

I think I emailed HEL before I ordered mine and they were very helpful. Why not contact them and tell them what you want to do. You'll just need to know the additional height you are adding to the bars.

Then tell them you want a custom kit based off of the stock 600 lines PLUS your added riser height. They have the stock lengths there...

Right? or am I missing something? Yeah not cheap or returnable...but I think if you contact them you'll feel better about it and avoid confusion.
          Awesome, sounds like a plan.

Thanks for the good idea.
          1990 GSX600 F

Comment

Working...
          X