Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like lots of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
      no that was a sum of the costs , gas , tires , license fee etc to be honest its somewthing between 1000-1500 bucks depending on what kind of tires you use and how many sets you eat up during the weekend ( either 2 or 3 sets )
      Even running takeoffs on a liter bike, a rear should last you AT LEAST a weekend. That is unless, you are just spending to win. Then you need a fresh tire for qualifying, and a fresh tire for race. Even then, the fronts will usually last better than that. I've heard several people making it more than 10 races on a front N-Tec. Now the new Power Cups are supposed to be a couple tenths faster, but I haven't heard anything about longevity on them.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Congratulations on getting your knee down...Now add the cost of knee pucks to the total cost of a weekend! Nice pictures by the way, I've enjoyed your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
          Even running takeoffs on a liter bike, a rear should last you AT LEAST a weekend. That is unless, you are just spending to win. Then you need a fresh tire for qualifying, and a fresh tire for race. Even then, the fronts will usually last better than that. I've heard several people making it more than 10 races on a front N-Tec. Now the new Power Cups are supposed to be a couple tenths faster, but I haven't heard anything about longevity on them.
          yeah thats probably for the big boys. there are other expenses I didnt mention though, renting a trailer and hotel costs. one of the RR tracks is 1000 miles away etc..

Originally posted by 97-Katana600 View Post
          Looks like lots of fun.
          yeah its a lot of fun , I really recomend a trackday

Originally posted by superbike View Post
          Congratulations on getting your knee down...Now add the cost of knee pucks to the total cost of a weekend! Nice pictures by the way, I've enjoyed your thread.
          thank you
          Last edited by mammut89; 06-01-2012, 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Bah! I call photochopped!

Everyone knows you can't get a knee down on a Katana!

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Bah! I call photochopped!

Everyone knows you can't get a knee down on a Katana!

Krey
              So I guess me taking my bike out tomorrow around the neighborhood trying to put my knee down would be a bad idea?
              All the world's a stage,
              And all the men and women merely players;
              They have their exits and their entrances,
              And one man in his time plays many parts,
              His acts being seven ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddy Turner View Post
                So I guess me taking my bike out tomorrow around the neighborhood trying to put my knee down would be a bad idea?
                Not at all but a real man drags a knee at 193mph in the rain.

Comment

I guess this news goes into thread.

An instructor from a MSF type course I attend each spring asked me if I wanted to instruct next year. Going to be interesting.

course for attendees: day1: theory , day2: closed area training ( figure 8 , braking , tight circles, avasive manouver etc ), day3: track day

in addition its a few extra days for the instructors to do their own training.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Wear the purple suit.

DO EYT!
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

LOL
                      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

well the course is over and it was a blast. Im sure I learned more than I ever did before. Instructing is not a joke, lots and lots of hours of doing a lot of the same stuff and looking more in the mirror than forward. But a lot of fun. Looking forward to next year.

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Awesome!

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Looks like lots of fun.

Comment

by now I know pretty much all of the regulars at the track and most of the instructors. Yesterday I went there just to photograph as it was the last trackday of the season.

heres what I got https://www.flickr.com/photos/mammut...7646854155238/

walking around the track is not a joke , its a LOT of walking LOL.

using a Nikon D7000 with 17-50mm F2.8 lens which basically is not the lens I should be using but its the best I got a the moment. So it requires a good bit of cropping unfortunately which leads me to pick only a few spots which are near the track.

70-200mm F2.8 with a 2x teleconverter would give me 400mm at f4. but its pricey

anyone got any experience with track photographing ?
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X