No announcement yet.
X

a wider tire??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a 170/60 rear and a 120/60 front, going wider in rear was going to hurt the turn-in, but some friends of mine that race WERA told me that dropping down in the front would help with the turn-in, and also dropped the forks 5mm, very responsive and still stable at high speeds, hope this helps.

P.S. Arsenic PEACE O.K.

Comment

That is what I run on mine, BUT I am tired of the no-it-all responses I get from this site SEE YA, and cyber poet take me off the list.

Comment

Ibtl...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by tracy_cress View Post
          That is what I run on mine, BUT I am tired of the no-it-all responses I get from this site SEE YA, and cyber poet take me off the list.
          WTF? All of 15 post and your already tired of the no-it-all post?

Comment

well for what its worth.. i was wondering the same thing.. so i went to the bike shop today actually. and the stock wheel would actually pinch the wider tire in.. so you would get less tire on the ground than the stock tire itself.. but i was trying to go 170 or 180.so the next thought.. wider rim...was pretty much adviced against that too..but going up one size is possible. and you can get a higher grade tire..but dont think it would help riding in the least. but as Barriera noted. it does look a lil better

Comment

it has nothing to do with the rim. You can't use a 180 tire because it will rub against the rear brake torque arm

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                it has nothing to do with the rim. You can't use a 180 tire because it will rub against the rear brake torque arm
                So just make a new brake torque arm? I have done about 10 out of aluminum for Z1s and CB900/1100Fs

Comment

or just don't be a retard and be happy with a 160

Comment

Stay with stock i had a fat rear and it hard to lean then pulls you down then got the oreg. And the lean is perfect now dont have a hard spot on corners it just carves in and out that fat look is all show and is out dated

Comment

Working...
                    X