X

89 750 megasquirt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear is running!

Turbos doing good, got about 850 miles on it! Last 300 or so have been at 12psi boost but im also not in boost very often as it starts at 8k. I'm thinking of doing a oil change, got about 2k on this dyno stuff but I might leave it and save the synthetic 20w50 for the Turbo B12.

Good luck with the turbo build, not sure on the size of that turbo but 1.8L seems a bit big. Your at about 1/2 of 1L lol.... So if it spools ull have a crap spool time etc but see if it works. Got any pics of the turbo? How about the flanges can u get them to make the exhaust and stuff?
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

I know its going to take a while to spool, I don't mind I'm just doing this to be different. the turbo came off of a 150 hp car so I'm hoping the lag wont be too bad. the flanges are still in the mail along with some other stuff like a bov and boost gauge. the manifold shouldn't be too hard but it will take some time I'm planning to go fro 4-2 then 2-1 to try and keep some velocity. I thought about making a log manifold but I threw that out quickly. I'm also going to fab the plenum, space is limited so lets see what I come up with

Comment

I think the turbo might not build boost at all honestly. I'm only saying that as its a huge waste of time to to build all this to have to redo alot bc the turbo is wrong. Your making
        Half that Hp, I would need alot more rev to Get it going, no point in building boost at 10-11k since its only Good for like 1-2,000 rpms. U would be in and out of boost before it was able to build or be used.

I wish u the best just hope your not wasting ur time.

What BOV u go with, boost gauge and u looking at WGs?

Comment

Wow you are optimistic haha. the K03 is a tiny turbo, saying that it will not boost at all is kind of ridiculous. the 750 is rated at about 100 hp and thats not far from what the audi would do without a turbo. Again I know that it will spool in the upper rpm range but lower than 10-11k that you have in your mind. Placing the turbo in the front will help with spool as opposed to your setup which sheds a lot of heat (yes the heat helps spool the turbine) the hot side is what determines spool characteristics. The size of the engine does not directly effect power potential, its the airflow that matters the most.

Comment

I wasn't aware of the turbo size given by the number, I didn't want to spend time looking up the specs but it can't be that small if its used on a 150hp motor. Posting specs of the turbo and all that stuff would help. Still tho for it to be in the turbos efficency range it would have to be well below the peak airflow of the the turbo. Wat are the turbine ratios?

Comment

Man its been a while, Ive been busy with school. I got my instrument rating and now I'm working on my commercial, so all my free time has been in the books. well I made some progress this weekend with the manifold its still only half way done but the hard part is finished. I need one more 90* bend to finish the manifold right now its just tacked together. Ive most of the part already I just need some time. don't mind the flux it will clean up nicely.
              Attached Files

Comment

interesting build you got going. Hope you keep up with it an can get it going!
                94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
                X