turn signal light bulb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signal light bulb

88 katana 600.

The prior owner put some aftermarket front signals on and the light bulb that is in the front right is either too high watt or too low to make it blink.(can't remember which one cause the problem)

If i take a stock bulb and put in in there it works fine but they are too large to fit in the cover. The left works great but there are no numbers on the bulb to cross reference. Anyway, does anybody no what bulb is the same wattage as the stock bulb but only smaller in size to fit in one of those streamlined aftermarket signals? I know the stock bulb is 21 watts but none of the bulbs at the store are marked with the wattage.

Thanks

None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

take a picture, but in fact I think there was a post somewhere on this page.
      If I remember right the number is something like 1157 or so, I have some small aftermarkets on mine as well. I think my bulb head is about 1/2 inch?
      Actually I' m currently looking to get me LED bulbs which will fit the stock fitting.

I talked to the guy at NAPA and he said go to Pet Boys or something like this (accessories store).
      Last edited by dnargsiefil; 05-19-2008, 10:12 PM.
      --- 1989 Katana 750 ---

Comment

1156 would be the correct bulb normally. 1157 is used in the brake light. Does the bulb you have have a brass base or is it a glass base?
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

brass

Comment

I had the same problem with mine.. the PO had small signals for the front that did not have enough load for the relay.. my work around was the new units had a 'running light' circuit as well, I terminated that to the flasher circuit and it provided enough load for the flasher relay. If you dont have the extra circuit, you may have to switch to the solid state flasher made for LED lights.
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Heres a site to browse thru to possibly ID the bulb, I've never used them before but since the site has pictures, you might be able to ID it fast enough. Oh, BTW, they do have 21 watt 1156 bulbs as well. However the 1156 offered is a standard size, but there are other categories that have 21 watt bulbs as well. http://www.eautoworks.com/html/light_bulbs.cfm
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
              X