No announcement yet.
X

Official Street Fighter Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Don, it was looking great...sorry to hear it was stolen. Hey, that tail looks familiar

Comment

For the rest of us, can someone define "streetfighter", please?
      GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

I'll give it a shot .....
        Earliest streetfighters were from what I gather English kids , who , upon finding out how costly it'd be to replace crash-damaged parts , decided to just take them off and run "nekkid" . From there they decided to start modding them to make them look a little meaner and run a little better . SImilar to the origional chopper philosophy of removing all the non-essential equipment for the sake of performance . But in a nutshell , a 'fighter is a bike stripped of all frills , made for urban combat (commuting) .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I notice that everyone above still has clip ons... one of my first SF moves would be to go to a tube handlebar... actually, I keep looking for a cheap and easy way to accomplish this with fairings.
          I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
            I notice that everyone above still has clip ons... one of my first SF moves would be to go to a tube handlebar... actually, I keep looking for a cheap and easy way to accomplish this with fairings.
            Fab up a new top triple with risers for a tube style handlebar. Or drill and tap for risers on the current triple. However, I like the look of low, aggressive clip-ons on a streetfighter. I especially love the look of the fork tube mounted bars. Evil. If (read: when) I drop my bike hard, I'm probably going to go with the naked look.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
              i saw what you need, opelguy has it on his kat...check in his profile for the manufacturer...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch
                I think SF bikes done right are beautiful.
                +1, have several friends riding Streetfighters.

I'm the first one to admit the Katana is a very difficult bike to transform into a streetfighter and I don't mean to offend anybody but I'm still waiting for the first US done_right_katana_streetfighter.
                BK's bike was promising but imho he never finished it.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  I'll give it a shot .....
                  From there they decided to start modding them to make them look a little meaner and run a little better .
                  Nowadays at least overhere you'll have to try a LOT harder to be recognized as a streetfighter, NOS, Turbo, Charger, Bigbore or any combo is obligatory for the engine as for looks custom swingarms with fat tyres in the 240 till even 300 range, special-paint jobs and all kind off flyscreens and seats are a common thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by River
                    To understand the definetion of "streetfighter" you first have to understand the definetion and origin of the word "chopper"

A chopper originaly was a WWII bike with all the military goodies chopped off, hence the name. From there the word chopper has spread and now even a custom bike is called a chopper when really its a custom 1 off which is different.

The same goes for streetfighter, it started mainly from stunters and people that couldnt afford new fairings when their fairings where damaged and thus the term streetfighter "think sleeper in car terms", but much like choppers the streetfighters have also became wild customs and are also classified as streetfighters when really they are just customs as well.

To me a custom bike is a custom bike, a REAL STREETFIGHTER should be at least 75% of the original bike.
                    This would be in the least an original frame, tank, and original motor. Not saying you couldnt mod those but I think it essental to keep them otherwise you have a CUSTOM.

Ill also comment on kwebbel's post and say that when he sees this first streetfighter kat "done right" it will probably be a custom and only 20% katana, maybe a front rim will be katana and then you have to think "whats katana on this bike besides a title saying its a katana??????"

Streetfighters like choppers are meant to be cheap and efficient, the chromed out pretty streetfighters and choppers with lots o naaaawwwwsssss are nuthing more then CUSTOMS built by people with too much money to burn and no idea in the world the true definetion of the word they are calling their bike.

Comment

Originally posted by donmega
                      Originally posted by River
                      To understand the definetion of "streetfighter" you first have to understand the definetion and origin of the word "chopper"

A chopper originaly was a WWII bike with all the military goodies chopped off, hence the name. From there the word chopper has spread and now even a custom bike is called a chopper when really its a custom 1 off which is different.

The same goes for streetfighter, it started mainly from stunters and people that couldnt afford new fairings when their fairings where damaged and thus the term streetfighter "think sleeper in car terms", but much like choppers the streetfighters have also became wild customs and are also classified as streetfighters when really they are just customs as well.

To me a custom bike is a custom bike, a REAL STREETFIGHTER should be at least 75% of the original bike.
                      This would be in the least an original frame, tank, and original motor. Not saying you couldnt mod those but I think it essental to keep them otherwise you have a CUSTOM.

Ill also comment on kwebbel's post and say that when he sees this first streetfighter kat "done right" it will probably be a custom and only 20% katana, maybe a front rim will be katana and then you have to think "whats katana on this bike besides a title saying its a katana??????"

Streetfighters like choppers are meant to be cheap and efficient, the chromed out pretty streetfighters and choppers with lots o naaaawwwwsssss are nuthing more then CUSTOMS built by people with too much money to burn and no idea in the world the true definetion of the word they are calling their bike.
                      I agree with Roger...katanas are more difficult to turn into streetfighters as they were meant as budget sport touring bikes. As such, they recieved many "budget" components and no real thought was given to the frame other then geometry and function. So to make the katana into a performance machine in both HP and handling you'll swap out alot of components and the frame will ALWAYS be the weakest link (heavier and ugly). How much of my frankenkat was katana...a heavily modded frame, the motor, and the title?

Comment

Originally posted by donmega

how did that front end work for ya?
                        I'm considering something similar for my bike, but I'm worried about the lighting. does it project far enough for highway use at night?
                        thanks. Chris.
                        Some days your the bug.....Some days your the windshield.

Comment

Add me to the list.....cause by next summer (hopefully) my 2000 Kat will be a nice streetfighter!

Comment

Has anyone dealt with these people?: http://www.aztec8.com/catalog/i37.html

I'm shopping for headlights/turn signals etc. for a streetfighter conversion of a 92 Kat and I liked the double 4" headlight setup they had. I know others have used Flyncycle.com for parts but anybody know "aztec8"?.
                            Crawlin' from the wreckage.

Comment

i am a fairing lover myself .. but if i had a fighter like those pictured .. i am pretty sure i would be more than happy to make people drool all around town .. hope we get more pics and how-tos attached to this
                              so many roads so little time

Comment

I wouldnt mind doing this to my 2000 kat.. i just dont have a clue on what or how i could do it... plus i dont have a lot of money to be putting into my bike...:smt006

Comment

Working...
                                X