No announcement yet.
X

shined up me lips!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the rear finished. These pics DO NOT do it justice. Im gonna try for a better outside sunny pic soon!

Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

THATS HOT!!
      GOOD JOB TO ALL OF YOU!
      << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
      KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Thanks KKat. It was hard work, but as you can see WELL worth the effort and sweat.
        GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

I just did this the other day. It took me more on the order of six hours, and I still would like to do some more wet sanding polishing on the rear wheel. That one is giving me more of a hard time than the front one. Either way, great write up and what a difference it makes on the bike! I'm getting compliments on the street like I never did before. My Kat is graphite, and it looks sick. I'll post pics up as soon as my schedule allows.
          Anger Fuel Motion...Motion Fuels Momentum...Momentum Fuels Action...Do Something.

Comment

Sweet. Glad we all could help/inspire you. Lets see some pics brotha!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was trying to get some pics of mine, but it's darn hard to get a pic that shows the true beauty of the polished aluminum, those look pretty darn good though. Do have a couple of pics of my automatic wheel sander I made though.

2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by River
                I also washed and waxed him and added a nice coat of Tire Wet. Don't worry, It's nowhere on the tread - that stuff is SLICKER than snot and dangerous for cycle wheels, a friend told me AFTER I applied it.
                careful with that stuff man, Just the SLIGHTEST little spot on the wheel can cause an unexpected lowside, not fun!!
                Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill
                Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Yea, so I figured that out AFTER I did it. (Not on the tread), but the bottle states near the bottom of the label ** NOT FOR USE ON CYCLE TIRES

Geezzz... you would think they should put that on the TOP of the label.

Comment

Hmm. I like that chrome on the rim. Is it possible to chrome a rim like that or do I have to buy new rims? How much does it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by SL1D3R
                      Hmm. I like that chrome on the rim. Is it possible to chrome a rim like that or do I have to buy new rims? How much does it cost?
                      Uhhhhhhhhh... start at Page One, of this thread.

Comment

i can only see two pictures and i cant get to the write up... i want it i want it i want it!!!!!
                        If your paddleing up steam and a wheel falls of.....
                        How many pancakes fit in a dog house??......

None stupid!...... Ice cream doesn’t have bones!

Comment

did u paint the center black then polish?

Comment

No - the center paint is powercoat, so it won't come off as readily as the rest of it. BUT - you might want get some general black color touch up paint. The stripper does remove some off of the area close to the lip.

@ Everyone PMing me about the video. I'm working on it. As I stated before, I just got my Mac - still have to remember it's NOT a Windows machine and things are a lot different on it.

I promise, it's coming...

Comment

thats nice river. looks like you did some sanding too, huh? i think pitbull was quoting a time of just stripping. i had a friend that did all this without any stripper, just sanding. it took him a while, but they looked like they were chrome dipped like parkze's thread, polished rims..., in the Paint & Graphics section.

Comment

Actually - ZERO sanding. Just cheated and buffed it with my Dremmel and polish.

Comment

Working...
                                X