X
X

Stuck at a Signal Light ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The link to this doesn't work anymore. That stinks. I hate waiting at those stupid lights.

Comment

won't let me pull up the link.... says page not found. well crap

Comment

You don't need magnets...just pop the bike in neutral, drop the kickstand, let it touch the pavement for a second or two (sometimes, just dropping it is enough) then put it back up, back in gear, ready to roll.

I have had to do this on the gixxer a couple times, not enough steel on those bikes. My Kat has always tripped the light sensor, though.
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

good stuff
          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

I bought the Green Light Trigger from a local dealer but in certain circumstances it still does not trigger the light. So down goes the side stand right on the wire outline. That does work.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

i just run it. a cop will have to be a real d&*K to give you a ticket if they understand how the sensor works.

Comment

Ya this happens to me quite a bit. It sucks Ive run a couple. ill have to try some of the tricks mentioned
                1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

i've never had to run a red light myself. i've been stuck at a light a couple times, usually in the left turn lane. in fact it happened a week ago. usually i just drop the center stand and it changes, but if it doesnt. i'll just either go straight once the light goes green (still a red arrow) and pull a u-turn and then make a right. or if i'm trying to go straight, and can't get a red, make a right, then u-turn, then right. it gets you to the same place, probably much quicker than waiting for the light to possibly change and no risk of getting pulled over.
                  2004 Katana
                  GO OWLS!!!

Comment

That link seems to be dead. Try archive.org to get to it: http://web.archive.org/web/200712080...rg/TIP148.html.

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                      You don't need magnets...just pop the bike in neutral, drop the kickstand, let it touch the pavement for a second or two (sometimes, just dropping it is enough) then put it back up, back in gear, ready to roll.

I have had to do this on the gixxer a couple times, not enough steel on those bikes. My Kat has always tripped the light sensor, though.
                      Good stuff I will have to try that.
                      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Definitely worth knowing, the link does not work for me though.

Comment

the "green light trigger" is pretty much just a magnet. i dont kno y i paid 15 bucks for a magnet but it works most of the time, cept at this one light... ill have to try the centerstand trick..
                          "When in doubt, throttle out."
                          sigpic

Comment

i am a traffic signal tech down here in dallas tx,, work all over the us actually.. sux cause i have this same problem,, everyone always has a problem with the loop sensord intersections. its just bikes are too small,, and most of the time its an old intersection that the loops are just old. we are upgrading everything down this way slowely and surely to video detection.. its so much nicer haha,, but then alot of things happen with even loops,, if there is one direction that is overloaded with traffic, the will go first. traffic controlers are set up all kinds of different ways,, some on timers to run differetnly at certain times things like that.. its pretty much a sit and wait game, its all you can really do
                            sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
                            www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Tap the starter button!

Just caught on to this thread, but I have a FREE solution on the Kat and it has worked for me for every inductive type loop red light sensor.

I get over the loop and at idle I bump the starter button. The magnetic pulse from the starter inducing and collapsing has worked every time so far to trigger the light and the starter does not make any foul noises. I don't think it does any harm. I only tap the button.

Magnets cost money. I am cheap!

Jet

I just hate the way it turns off the headlight for a split second and people across the intersection think you are flashing them or trying to get their attention.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
                                Just caught on to this thread, but I have a FREE solution on the Kat and it has worked for me for every inductive type loop red light sensor.

I get over the loop and at idle I bump the starter button. The magnetic pulse from the starter inducing and collapsing has worked every time so far to trigger the light and the starter does not make any foul noises. I don't think it does any harm. I only tap the button.

Magnets cost money. I am cheap!

Jet

I just hate the way it turns off the headlight for a split second and people across the intersection think you are flashing them or trying to get their attention.

i tried this last night and it was like magic
                                previous rides
                                06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                                next ride - another kat

Comment

Working...
                                X