X

96 750 Wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 750 Wont start

Tuesday was nice, so I was gonna go for a ride. I went and fired the bike up and it ran for about a minute. It was fully choked and I noticed that it wasn't idling as high as it normally did, and then it cut off, and I havent been able to get it to run since. It will turn over, and it sounds like it wants to start bad. It will backfire after a couple of attempts to start it, and I can smell gas. I tried priming it for a few minutes, i tried closing the choke and opening the throttle, tried choking it, tried switching to reserve. Its gotta be a fuel or spark problem right? My dad thinks it not getting any fuel, seeing as how it ran for a short time and then cut off. Its not a big deal, its too cold to ride now, but id like to know whats wrong with it. Man, Tuesday was probably the last nice, warm day were gonna have untill spring, and I missed it. Any input is apprecitated.
    Image hosting by Photobucket

Fouled plugs

Edit: and charge your battery just in case...just to get a little extra spark.

Comment

Yup , you done fouled your plugs with too much choke . Happens .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks guys, I was planning on changing them before the spring came anyway.
        Image hosting by Photobucket

Comment

And BP make three....

Time to change the plugs..

Comment

Working...
          X